Another interview question

gbpack

I always find it a good sign if they show you around the office. They aren't going to bother if they aren't interested. But if they don't, it doesn't mean they aren't interested. I've been offered jobs when that hasn't happened.

Other than that, it's hard to tell. If they start checking your references early that's a good sign.

On your part, you should be smiling, enthusiastic, ask questions, make eye contact with everyone in the room, and send a thank you note the next day. Make sure to get everyone's name so you can write them notes, or at least the main person.

What are some of the signals or signs during and after the interview that will tell you if you will get another interview or be hired by the company?

Typically if it seems they are acting very quickly with follow up, or perhaps you are interviewed by an add'l person that wasn't originally on the roster (they do this to speed it up so you dont have to come back) or they have you come back very soon right after the interview, or schedule that time before you even leave.

Also with what they say. If they are talking as if you have the job that is a pretty good sign. Such as "in this role we want you to do XYZ activities". Interviewers are carefuly to normally say "In this role we want the selected candidate to do XYZ activities".

Hope that helps.

I always find it a good sign if they show you around the office. They aren't going to bother if they aren't interested. But if they don't, it doesn't mean they aren't interested. I've been offered jobs when that hasn't happened.

Other than that, it's hard to tell. If they start checking your references early that's a good sign.

On your part, you should be smiling, enthusiastic, ask questions, make eye contact with everyone in the room, and send a thank you note the next day. Make sure to get everyone's name so you can write them notes, or at least the main person.

They might show you around the office but that is a test for the rest of the employees to see if they like you or not and if you would "fit" right along with them.

They might show you around the office but that is a test for the rest of the employees to see if they like you or not and if you would "fit" right along with them.

One of our depts also did this, but it was standard practice for EVERY one that dept interviewed. Just part of their routine.

In a way it was not a good routine because it often gave the candidate false hope.

yeah thanks for all the advice guys... i actually had the interview yesterday which i thought went well but not perfect... lasted a little over an hour... i guess im just freaking and worrying a lot like i always do... i just want to have a job lined up for when i graduate this January

yeah thanks for all the advice guys... i actually had the interview yesterday which i thought went well but not perfect... lasted a little over an hour... i guess im just freaking and worrying a lot like i always do... i just want to have a job lined up for when i graduate this January

At least it lasted over an hour. That's a positive sign. I dont keep someone over an hour if i know they are not going to cut it.

Top 20 Employee Relations Manager I...
Top 20 Employee Relations Manager Interview Questions and Answers for 2022

Archived