Fathers and Daughters

Hemorrhage

I'm not sure if this topic/situation has anything to do with the board I'm posting in, but this is the best I could find.

I had a run in with a girl at my school that I've had problems with. We consider ourselves friends for the most part, but sometimes we disagree on things, and she isn't nice about it either. She's called me "Stupid" 'Retarted' and among other offensive things that I've usually put aside and ignored. Today at lunch, we disagreed about a movie, and she started repeating these things again. I interrupted her while she was bashing me and I said, "you know what? F--- you, you and your comments can go to hell for all I care."

I thought the whole thing was over and I didn't think much of it...Two minutes later, i'm called into the office and I get yelled at by her father and the assistant principal, who didn't have any interest in the fact that this girl had provoked me.

I'm asking this because it's happened before as well, what's the deal with father's being so over-protective of their daughters? I'd just like a standpoint from a father's or daughter's point of view.

Thanks.

Victoria,

We DO get along most of the time, but we're also very different, which leads to conflicts, and she's not so polite either.

Bijoux,

The assistant principal wrote down a 2nd warning for harassment, since this has happened before, but in a more serious situation. The next time this happens, I'll get arrested and sentenced to a few hours of sensitivity training...

Victoria,

We DO get along most of the time, but we're also very different, which leads to conflicts, and she's not so polite either.

Bijoux,

The assistant principal wrote down a 2nd warning for harassment, since this has happened before, but in a more serious situation. The next time this happens, I'll get arrested and sentenced to a few hours of sensitivity training...

Friends argue from time to time, but real friends don't report you to the principal over an argument. I would seriously consider reevaluating your friendship with her.

What did the father and principal say to you?

A bunch of garbage about how I was being immature, unethical, and how it was wrong of me to use provocative language in the prescense of a female...

Redhearts,

I have a gun too

Mythical Suicide,

I didn't threaten this girl, I didn't even use a tone. I just wanted her to shut up. What did the man think I was going to do? Kill her?

A bunch of garbage about how I was being immature, unethical, and how it was wrong of me to use provocative language in the prescense of a female...

Redhearts,

I have a gun too

Mythical Suicide,

I didn't threaten this girl, I didn't even use a tone. I just wanted her to shut up. What did the man think I was going to do? Kill her?

Whether you threatened her or not, no matter what a little girl (no matter he age..) is her daddies baby and when a guy comes in a hurts his little girl There will be hell to pay. If you have kids later on in life, you will too understand. Honestly thought it doesn't even have much to do with daddy/daughter or mother/son, It's a parents natural response to be protective over their children. Both of you acted rather immature honestly. Maybe it's best if you avoid this girl if neither one of you can act with an adult mentality and without bickering and name calling.

As for what I bolded in red, yea, you might want to leave that out next time.

Whether you threatened her or not, no matter what a little girl (no matter he age..) is her daddies baby and when a guy comes in a hurts his little girl There will be hell to pay. If you have kids later on in life, you will too understand. Honestly thought it doesn't even have much to do with daddy/daughter or mother/son, It's a parents natural response to be protective over their children. Both of you acted rather immature honestly. Maybe it's best if you avoid this girl if neither one of you can act with an adult mentality and without bickering and name calling.

As for what I bolded in red, yea, you might want to leave that out next time.

What you bolded was a joke in all honesty...I don't even know the combination to my families' gunsafe...

But what I'm asking here is that girls bicker and fight with eachother all the time, and trust me I have seen some serious horn-butting and their daddies act like nothing is wrong...However, when a guy makes one remark like "F--- you" to a girl they are pounced upon like an injured deer.

Bijoux,

Wow, that is stupid. This girl should get at least a verbal reprimand for being rude to you as well!!

Because it is quite disrespectful of a male to say that to a female (Really is disrespectful for anyone to say that to another person but for the sake of this conversation..). Two females fighting and arguing back and forth is one thing, however if you get a (typically..) stronger male going after a female in that manner it's unacceptable and anyone is quite quick to step in. I have to be honest here and if I was that girl and anyone told me to f-off no matter what I did or said, you'd be missing quite a few teeth out of your mouth. You wouldnt have to worry about my father messing with you i'd handle you myself.

Because it is quite disrespectful of a male to say that to a female (Really is disrespectful for anyone to say that to another person but for the sake of this conversation..). Two females fighting and arguing back and forth is one thing, however if you get a (typically..) stronger male going after a female in that manner it's unacceptable and anyone is quite quick to step in. I have to be honest here and if I was that girl and anyone told me to f-off no matter what I did or said, you'd be missing quite a few teeth out of your mouth. You wouldnt have to worry about my father messing with you i'd handle you myself.

Alright, and punching someone would be a mature response, especially when you're the one who insinuated the situation? What if you said that to a guy, and he thought the same thing you did, and knocked your teeth out? You hit somebody, oh man you better expect quick, unpleasent consequences.

I have tried the silent treatment with this girl before...I can only tolerate so much, if she doesn't show respect for me, why should I do the same for her? Because she's a girl and I'm a guy? Please, somebody tell me when it became a bad thing to stick up for yourself

Okay...Please let's not have a debate of ethics here.

You were definitely within right to denfend yourself, but the language you used was absolutely not appropriate. You could have easily just told her to shut up or something. now as far as her going to the office about this situation, she probobly percieved it as a threat, or an act of aggression. I have a daughter, and she's had a few altercations with males before, and from what I know women get very upset when a man challenges them I guess you could say. I remember when my daughter was 17. She got in a small fight with gentleman at school who said "piss off tinkerbell," or something like that. I didn't think it sounded like a threat but it made my daughter very upset...So all in all I think it's just a misconception. You thought of it as defense, she took it as a threat. Just use better word choice.

Now if I was her father I wouldn't be too upset at you because she instigated the situationand was at fault too, but had she not have provoked you I would be a very unhapy parent.

I know I asked to hold the debate of ethics but this is absolutely biased and unfair. Where did you get the idea that females had exemptions of common curtosey against males? A male can't tell a female to f- off but a female CAN punch a gentleman in the face?

Rubbish.

Alright, and punching someone would be a mature response, especially when you're the one who insinuated the situation? What if you said that to a guy, and he thought the same thing you did, and knocked your teeth out? You hit somebody, oh man you better expect quick, unpleasent consequences.

I have tried the silent treatment with this girl before...I can only tolerate so much, if she doesn't show respect for me, why should I do the same for her? Because she's a girl and I'm a guy? Please, somebody tell me when it became a bad thing to stick up for yourself

Hemorrhage while I don't think you had to use that language, I don't know why it matters to your school so much that you are a guy and she is a girl - that seems so backward and weird. It's funny because where I grew up, we cussed eachother out in school all the time, male and female, and if we got caught, no one's parents ever came in to cry about it directly to the offending student. Anyone using foul language got detention and THEIR parents got called in.

Probably has to do with how traditional your town is and the school you are going to. But buck up, if you can learn to tidy your tongue lol, you will find as you get older there are plenty of places where there aren't so many double-standards, and you won't have to be facing that kind of discrimination.

This girl is playing things to her advantage. She is hard as nails to you and then turns around and gets all vulnerable and soft to the adults to get you in trouble. You should bring a digital recorder with you and the next time she talks to you just turn it on in your pocket. Act normal and don't provoke her and when she starts laying into you you'll have it as proof.

If they don't give her an equal type of talking to and punishment then I would have serious issue with the way that school handles its business.

In the end though... don't lose your cool over this girl. She's gonna be unhappy and rude and is going to end up in bad situations because of it. Don't waste your time on her.

I don't agree with the people who are trying to say that a girl mouthing off to a guy is any different than a guy mouthing off to a girl. Same difference.

^^ That's good to hear!

How do you get harassment write up and she gets nothing?

Sensitivity training? What is that? Do you go to a country type school?

Because the school I attend tries to maintain a traditional enviornment, which they fail in most cases. It's actually a rule that guys have to hold doors open for girls, which is one of the reasons I had been called to the office before.

And my father and I just talked with the assistant principal. He's taking the mark off of my record after my dad threatened to slap a discriminitory charge against the school. He also talked to this girl's father, who apparently misunderstood the situation and apologized to me.

Archived