I could use an opinion....

elizmdavis

What is the best way to deal with a crush. I've had teh same one for 4 years and it is reciprocated. We have NEVER acted on it. We are both in relationships. This is the first time I have begun to feel tormented by it because things are getting to the "marriage" point with my bf...and we are very much in love The times when I wasn't as happy, I would think of my crus. But the happier I get with my bf, the more guilty I get of the crush. I want to get this person out of my system.

If anyone has had a crush, you must know how nuts it feels. I know that nothing will ever come of it, I only talk to him thorugh emails a few times a year...but how can I just get over it??!

Many opinions are welcome!

Consider that the point is that you are not totally satisfied within your relationship, rather than being into this particular guy. A few emails a year means you probably barely know him anymore - it's mostly nostalgia. So, instead of trying to get rid of your crush feelings, why not focus on improving your relationship or getting to the source of the dissatisfaction?

You have to distance yourself from the crush. That's the easiest, fastest, surest, way to get over him.

I have tried that...for a year. Then I found out there was a death in his fam (His sis in law is my best friend) and I sente him a short "condolences" message and thats it. Then I get all giddy and dumb stuff like that... ugh.

Would you say that the reason you are still crushing is fantasy based?

Do you fantasize of what could be?

Yeah, I really think it is. If you look in "Emotions and Feelings" forum, you'll see a small synopsis of the crush...(titled: "this darn crush...") it seems like a fanatsy I think. Let me know what you think.

So, instead of trying to get rid of your crush feelings, why not focus on improving your relationship or getting to the source of the dissatisfaction?

Thats what my bf and I have been doing, and we have been growing so much closer, its amazing. That is why I think I am at a point where I want to cut this thing off. It's not like I will never see him again, he is my best friends bro in law - it's just when I do see him I want it to be like nothing existed.

Admit to him that it is a fantasy then.

Things lose their tokein value once you've really put them in their place.

You don't like him for him. The person you are fantasizing about isn't real. If you stick with it, you will be disappointed and ruin your very real and very great relationship you have now.

Not so romantic when put that way, is it?

Admit to him that it is a fantasy then.

Things lose their tokein value once you've really put them in their place.

You don't like him for him. The person you are fantasizing about isn't real. If you stick with it, you will be disappointed and ruin your very real and very great relationship you have now.

Not so romantic when put that way, is it?

NO so are right. I know I need to do this. How do you suggest I tell him? Like I said, my real love is my bf (I am lucky)...this guy is phony...the crush is mutual, but how do you say "no more"? I will cross paths again someday and I want it to be easy breezy!

NO so are right. I know I need to do this. How do you suggest I tell him? Like I said, my real love is my bf (I am lucky)...this guy is phony...the crush is mutual, but how do you say "no more"? I will cross paths again someday and I want it to be easy breezy!

Tell him through email something like "Talking to you is negatively affecting my relationship with -----. I like you, and you know I like you. And, you know I know you like me. We have it all on the table. But, most importantly, I love ----. I would do anything for him, even if that means not talking to you. I feel that we are creating a fantasy and I'm just now starting to realize how unhealthy it is. I like you but I don't truly know you. I am putting up this image of what I have in my head from what you are like through the emails you give me. And then filling in the blanks with my own imagination. So, in conclusion, it's over. It never happened, and now it's over."

The craziest part is I am about to be very vulnerable. This guy and I have never said our feelings to eachother. The only way I know about his crush on me is by my friend telling me...and she knew that I crushed on him.

I have never tol dhim "I have a crush on you..." now I am about to. What do you think about this?

The craziest part is I am about to be very vulnerable. This guy and I have never said our feelings to eachother. The only way I know about his crush on me is by my friend telling me...and she knew that I crushed on him.

I have never tol dhim "I have a crush on you..." now I am about to. What do you think about this?

Bleh, might as well admit it.

Why are you vulnerable? You know he is crushing on you. It may feel weird but by admitting it and then rejecting the crush and just stamping it as "NO" you are taking control.

Bleh, might as well admit it.

Why are you vulnerable? You know he is crushing on you. It may feel weird but by admitting it and then rejecting the crush and just stamping it as "NO" you are taking control.

Yeah...I have been dying to admit it. It will be liberation!!

Archived