How do you stop being bitter from people that hurt you?

Scorpio8647
How To Say Goodbye To The Past And ...
How To Say Goodbye To The Past And Make A Fresh Start

Most of my life I've been betrayed and taken advantage of by people I thought were family & friends. I was teased and hurt a lot when I was young which turned me into a very shy,insecure person today at 22.I even had an uncle who molested me when I was young & even till this day he still messes with me, I've never shared that with anybody. I get along fine with my mother but I have a very paranoid & critical father who always seem to find fault with everything I do. He never showed any love and compassion, it was always about what was wrong with me. To be honest I don't know if I even love the man. He's always messed things up, he drinks a lot and picks fights with my mom sometimes.He recently lost his job a couple of months ago because of his recklessness.The money my mom makes at her job isn't enough to pay the mortgage so I'm worried. My dad has yet to find another job. I've been trying to find one to to help but I to no avail. I had to stop going to school for awhile... I'm very angry at my father for what he did, he did something that has him locked up in jail & now he has a record. My mother of course bailed him out but he lost his job because of what he did.

He's always coming down on me about what's wrong with me but he can't even look at himself.

I'm very untrusting of people & I often stay to myself to avoid getting involved with someone only to get hurt again. People never seem to like me, they always tell me how weird I am. I've developed low self esteem because of it and I just can't seem to get out of this shell I'm in. I'm so paranoid with people wondering what they're thinking about me and wondering if they like me. I just want to be loved and accepted for who I am but I never seem to get the love I want My heart is cold because I'm so lonely a lot and I've isolated myself from the world. I'm too scared to make friends again.. Too afraid of being hurt & looked down upon... I'm filled with so much pain and hurt and I know I have to move on but ho do I love myself when it seems no one else does? How do I feel confident when people always disappoint me and put me down??

Let go and Let God that's all. Wish them well and eliminate all the negative feelings. Go ahead and walk away and know that life goes on time goes forward and never backward so look to the sky and keep it moving! You have to forgive them no matter how much pain it caused you

Good Luck

Over the years I've learned a lot of things. I've learned that it's a lot easier to react than it is to stop and think. I've learned that you either control your attitude or it controls you. I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, than how many birthdays you've celebrated. I've learned that when we are confused and don't know who to hate we hate ourselves. I've learned that it isn't enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you just have to learn how to forgive yourself. I've learned that no matter how badly your heart is broken, the world won't stop for you. I've learned that backgrounds and circumstances might have influenced who you are, but we are responsible for the people we become. You can make the choice to become someone brilliant. Someone once said to me that all the most brilliant people in the world had bad things happen to them, and it was those bad things that made them so brilliant......because they learned how to be the person they wanted to be from those bad things happeneing to them.

I think it's best to let things go, for your own sake and not anybody else's. For every moment you feel resentful at things, that's one less moment spent being happy and content.

Have you considered therapy or counselling? It may help you in overcoming the difficulty you are in.

New Age nonsense.

New age? That's a new one on me but fair enough...if that's what you feel.

You're the person that wrote;

"I think in life we should always accept others for who they are"

Perhaps you could practice what you preach instead of insulting others.

I wrote what I feel. What I feel like I've learned. A lot of stuff has happened over the years and....yeah..I've learned from it.

From what you have said in your post I feel that you maybe suffering from social anxiety and a bit of depression which stems from your upbringing. It would be a good idea for you to see your doctor and maybe try some medications, I would also talk to my doctor about getting some counseling to overcome your shyness and to gain confidence. It might also be a good idea for you to cut out toxic people from your life even your father.

I wish you luck and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me, I had a crap upbringing as well and suffer from anxiety as a result, I'm basically what people call a doormat but I am now on medication and counseling which is working for me, I have more confidence now

Archived