Dating a guy who has just come out of a long term relationship

girlie219

Hi, i've been seeing a guy for the past 10 days, we've been on 3 dates and he has just told me he has recently come out of a 6 year relationship and this is the first time he has been on dates for years.

He seems like a really sweet guy but do you think it's a good idea to go out with a guy who has just come out of such a lengthy relationship?

I'm not 100% sure how recently this relationship ended, but while i do feel for him i don't want to get hurt myself. We seem to be taking it fairly slowly at the moment, he is being a gentlemen and isn't pushing for sex...and we haven't had sex yet. But i know that obviously i will feel more strongly for him if/when we do have sex so i don't want to be messed around if/when this does happen

Any views on what i should do?

I've been in the situation where the guy was newly out of a long term relationship. He didn't tell me. I thought everything was OK, then about six weeks/two months after OUR relationship became sexual, he confessed that he just wasn't ready for another relationship - and finished it.

These days, if I meet someone who looks as though they're relationship material and seems interested, I find out how long it is since their last relationship ended. And whether they're really over their ex. You're the best one to make this judgment in your case, but if you have any doubts whatsoever - don't take on any more than you can handle without causing yourself pain. Remember, you're the one who's most likely to get hurt through no fault of your own!

I'd avoid him at all costs and because I personally wouldn't get involved with a guy who was fresh out of a relationship and especially a relationship as long as 6 years...

End of the day though, it's up to you, for you are the one in this situation.

I'd avoid him at all costs and because I personally wouldn't get involved with a guy who was fresh out of a relationship and especially a relationship as long as 6 years...

End of the day though, it's up to you, for you are the one in this situation.

I think that's a little unfair, I am just out of a 7 year relationship and bring no baggage at all.

I would say I am ready to start a new serious relationship, I am going to be cautious and take things slowly but I am still ready.

being aware of it is helpful because it means you can make a judgement call.

It all depends how much you like him. If you feel you might fall hard, I personally wouldnt see him so often because you could be a rebound and end up hurt.

Not seeing him so often and keeping your options open will hopefully protect yourself from getting hurt x

This is a bit of a sticky one.

I met a guy too who just came out of a 10 year relationship. It started off well but I soon realised that all I was doing was keeping his mind off his previous relationship. After a while we knew it wasn't going to go anywhere as he just had too much baggage and too much to go through before he moved on with someone else.

If you feel like he is over it, perhaps give it a go, see where it leads but just don't get your hopes up too much so you dont get hurt.

=Godwin;2779854]I think that's a little unfair, I am just out of a 7 year relationship and bring no baggage at all.

That is just 'you'....maybe you are over your seven year relationship.

I came out of a ten year marriage. I wasn't healed nor ready for another involvement, until a YEAR after my breakup.

People are different and I wouldn't take the chance that someone was over a long term relationship and so soon...

People need time alone, to get over past relationships, before they embark on another....my opinion.

While I told OP that I personally wouldn't get involved, I did not advise her not to...

The final choice is hers at the end of the day.

12 Signs He's a Player - Beginn...
12 Signs He's a Player - Beginners Guide

Archived