I am finally 100% over her!!!

Well, it's safe to say that it has been a crazy roller coaster ride for almost the past 2 and a half to 3 months. The wonderful thing is though, that as I am typing this, I have a huge smile accross my face.

My ex broke up with me after 4 and 1/2 years (click on my username to find my original breakup thread) and it was a really rough break up. I totally didn't see it coming because I was one of the most naive guys you will ever meet. All of the warning signs were there and I still didn't see it, but that's water under the bridge.

Since we've broken up, she has been dating the same guy that she left me for and is "getting engaged" to him. lol She has turned into a girl that I have always disliked in any person that I ever meet. She's very needy, needs to be popular to feel secure in herself, has to be spoiled, and thinks that she is the coolest girl on the planet.

As time has slowly passed on since she left me, I have come to realize that the age old saying is something that I can always live by: "Time heals pain."

While at the time it certainly didn't seem like it, I now know that it really isn't just a saying. In the past 3 months, my friends and family and even new people that I've met along the way have really helped me through everything. It has truly been awesome having everyone's support. The really neat thing that I really love is how I have met girls that are WAY BETTER than my ex is in almost every way. When I was dating her, I didn't realize how she was using me and how the way she was treating me was wrong. For some reason (blinded by love I guess), I put up with A LOT of crap from her and now that I am out there in the real world meeting girls that aren't anything like her, I get really excited. I am so happy and excited to meet someone who can love me just the way that I am capable of loving someone.

It's so weird and so hard to explain right now but I had NO IDEA that I could be over her and happy and ready to move on with my life. Not that I want to jump into a relationship right away, because i don't think that I could. But it is so nice and refreshing to see that their are still some normal girls out there in this world. What makes me the happiest and what keeps me going on every day is knowing that someday, I will be with a girl that is just perfect for me.

Here is to that day. I can't wait until that day comes. Wish me luck people. I am so excited to meet her one day!

00;2776184]Good for you, man. Now hopefully I can get over this chick that I dated for the past four months. Her beauty is the hardest thing to let go of. When did I become this shallow? haha

Yeah, let me tell you one thing man, I know where you are coming from. My ex was by far and away the most beautiful girl that I've ever been with. But you know what? It's skin deep bro. It truly is. I've met a few girls that blow her away and they aren't even as good looking as her. I used to think the same way that you do, but trust me man, the grass is greener. It truly is.

Whatever you are going through, just remain strong and remember that there are girls out there waiting for a guy like you (or me! haha). Just keep hoping for that day to come man. It's what keeps me going.

• 2 weeks later...

What ever it took, as long as you got over her. That's the end result we're all looking for.

I'm in the same club. My ex is by far the hottest girl i've been with, and that's hard to let go of...i didn't think i was that shallow either.

Archived