DaXMan

As I mentioned in my last started thread here a while back, I don't "like" any particular girl right now, which is a bit of a relaxing/calming thing (although I'd also like a little excitement too). With this lack of activity in the girls dept. recently, I am more likely to notice any funny business a girl tries to pull on me, whether it's trying to play games or flirting or whatever.

That whole thing bring me to where I am now. There is a girl in one of my classes who I had "next-ed" and totally forgot about just a few weeks ago. The first time I tried breaking the ice with her, she came off as a bit pretentious. I asked if she did the reading (and how it was) since she immediately flipped to the textbook in discussion although the TA couldn't care less if we read, she got defensive about it. During that class, she decided to disagree with just about anything I said in our small groups (even when the TA said I was already correct on something when the whole class got back together). The next week, I asked her about what she was thinking of writing about for the paper assignment we recently got as we were walking out of class, it didn't seem like she really wanted to talk (she was quietly mumbling and looking away). I don't want to deal with a girl like this (most of you labeled her a b!tch when I mentioned her here a few weeks back).

I was actually quite happy after this. Back in high school when it came to girls like this, I would have noticed only her attractive looks, turned into a wuss, and probably shower her with attention. Nowadays, that's not the case - a girl who acts like a b!tch - regardless of her looks - gets the boot. Unfortunately, this girl decided she still wants my attention (this is like one of those creepy horror movies)!

Over the past week and a half (we have lecture twice a week, discussion once), a couple of odd "coincidences" have occurred. Last week, the girl comes out of nowhere and gets to the door a few steps before me...and can't open the door (it's unlocked)? I have one of those priceless puzzled looks on my face, she said the door is locked and that she must be weak. I bet her it wasn't locked, told her to "watch and learn" with a little smirk , and the door "magically" opened! Today, the lecture doors were wide open, I walk into the building and the girl is sitting on a bench by the door. As I make my way to the door, the girl springs from her seat so she can walk in at the same time as me. I say my usual, "hey what's up?" while looking her in the eye, but there's no smile on her face whatsoever - in fact she didn't even talk! Before discussion later on, I realized the girl is amused when I'm confused (I was only paying 1/2 attention to a convo going on between a few of us waiting by the door, I got my facts mixed up, the girl cracked a smile?).

I definitely over-analyze waaaaaaay too much and I probably am doing this here, but I think this girl is trying to play games and I don't know why. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "like" me at all - we don't really talk and she smiles as often as a former stereotypical USSR soldier did - but she has found a way so that I'd see her each of the last two classes. My only guesses are: 1.) It's just a few coincidences I'm looking too much into, 2.) She's taking the b!tch title to a whole new level and showing me she doesn't like me in any way, shape or form, or 3.) She's just playing games b/c it's fun for her - I'm the only person in the class who has tried talking to her (she sits in her own area during lectures), so I'm the recipient of her tactics.

My money is on #1. She's too pretentious for me and I've never seen her really smile, but this is definitely intriguing/puzzling. With no new girls on the horizon for the time being, this is something that is at the very least, amusing.

I am making it a goal of mine to act much more quickly with girls. When it comes to girls I am actually interested in, I will make an effort to ask her out before I become well infaturated. I know this seems obvious to some, but it will keep away any sort of one-itis, and a good first impression followed by an ask-out could end up pretty well.

The obvious difference here is that I'm not exactly "interested" in this girl. Sure she's a looker, but her attitude doesn't do it for me. Oddly, I find this whole situation amusing (as I mentioned before). She barely talks to anyone in the class and thinks she's the quiet smart girl in the class while I act as if I'm doing stand-up and "hustle" a large portion of students in the class thinks I'm too laid back to actually know what I'm talking about. Back to my idea of acting quickly...while the games are cute, I'm not sure I want to keep playing her games because that would mean I'd be paying attention to her for absolutely no reason. Thus, I'm considering calling her bluff (next paragraph).

One thing I did not mention...we have a midterm in less than two weeks. Due to a scheduling quirk, we don't have class until the midterm. I feel pretty confident with the material for this class, but I like to bounce ideas around with other people when it comes to this general subject as well, plus it lightens up the overall studying. I know three people total in the class, so perhaps I can get the four of us to do some sort of easy study session a day or two before (I have numbers for the other two, I only have this girl's facebook)? This is only an idea...I have another midterm on the same day (which is a bit tougher) and I'm not sure this whole "study group" thing is going to be worth the effort.

Any help would be appreciated...

I slept on the whole issue, and as I thought before, I think she is just playing games for the attention she believes she is getting. Of course, if I was to ask her about joining a potential study group, her plan is working, so I'm not so sure I want to go through with that (she'd contest/debate anything I'd say, which would help me build a stronger argument for material on the midterm).

Overall though, I'm still confused. Are her actions just pure coincidence, or is there a method to her madness? The first post in this thread poses the most questions on my mind (as compared to the second one).

Last time I'll "bump" the thread...anyone who wants to comment feel free. I know this isn't the most dramatic thread, but perhaps this girl's "games" - if these are her games - better prepare me for the future, since I'll be prepared for any games or tests a girl tries to throw at me.

My main question for now though...what is her motive here, why is she acting this way?

She's Not Texting Me Like She U...
She's Not Texting Me Like She Used To

Archived