Appreciate it if someone can advice.

Me and this guy were in a relationship for less than 2 months. Started in July and this guy was really into me. I am a very active and enthusiastic person.He liked me a lot for that and kept telling me that. He wanted to spend time with me and have fun with me.I liked him very much in the beginning.Reciprocated the feelings.But then because of my confusion and work stress, i rejected him a lot of times and hurted him. So he said we can't be together. I didn't take it seriously because everytime this happens , i go to him and he takes me back. By the time i realized i really loved him, he moved on. He never told me that he is seeing someone else. But i found them together one day. When i asked him about that, he told that he doesn't want to hurt me. That's the reason he did not tell me.He is seeing her for less than a month and she left this country a week back. She might/might not come back for next 9 months. I wrote him a very angry letter with all the emotions etc. Got a reply back from him. I wrote a mail to him apologizing for the earlier mail and wished him best in his new relationship. I showed confidence through out the mail and told him that loosing me is his loss.But to tell you frankly, i truly love this guy. He is a nice/caring gentleman and by the time i realized that he moved on

• DO you guys think is there any scope for this relationship.
  • I am in NC since i wished him best in the new relationship.
  • I know i did mistakes and i hurt him. But now i want him back.
  • Both of us work in the same place.
  • He know i love him a lot.
  • I am thinking of NC for a month and then LC.
  • I am working on my mistakes and trying to be the person that he first saw

Kindly don't tell me to move on. I want to get back with him.

Thanks for the reply redhearts.I know he moved on but that is because of my faults. I realized i did mistakes. And i am sure he is not really into the other girl because she is not going to come back and they have been together for less than a month. I know all this looks silly for a relationship of 2 months. But i want to get back with him. If the mistakes were from his side, i wldn't have bothered. buy they are from my side.

The best you can do is give him space, acting too needy or that you want him too much will only make him back off more. You have to sort of make him realise what he is missing, although a couple months he didn't know you very well. It is kind of like you can't act desperate and you have to move on in your life.

there's another poster around her - mayday - i suggest you read some of his posts...a lot of the things he's posted I actually know but i forget, or i'm so emotionally wrapped up in my own ex that i simply ignore what I've learned through the years...it's just plain difficult to cut off contact with someone you love. every urge is IMPLORING you to express your love, beg for someone back, etc. But I have never seen that work.

Mayday has said this a lot, and i agree - people who have the most obnoxious, difficult, painful, screaming and yelling type of breakup in the world sometimes wind up back together and have a great relationship...and people who sort of gently break up, give each other space, no harsh words, etc, just drift out of each other's lives and never reunite.

It's impossible to say who will or wont' get back together. The general consensus is that my ex is rushing into something so fast with the guy she's with now (it doesn't hurt that he's ridiculously rich...lol), and he's "rebounding" (though i hate that term) with her as well...that she's going to sling shot right back to me before Valentine's Day. I let that stop me from moving on and truly letting her go.

If she wants to come back, i'll have to deal with that then. But i'm just now, after 3 months, really putting in the work to separate myself emotionally. And it's not easy since we work together, and every time her new man is out of town, or they are not getting along, she seeks me out, wanting to go have a drink, telling me something bad about him...how he won't realize what he has until she's gone...how when she and i were together i never questioned her about this or that....it isn't easy...

Really listen to these people when they say move on. Love is waiting in the future for you. Whether it's with your ex, or someone new - you won't be open to it if you don't let go of what you had. Because no matter what happens, you'll never get what you had back - even if the two of you reunite.

Archived