Introducing Myself

marcmarr88

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, but I can already see that there are a lot of caring people here. I plan to join the conversation and help out the best I can.

But, I just thought I would introduce myself for now. I have had trouble with SI along with depression, manic episodes, and suicide in the past. It was the most horrible time in my life, and I would not wish that condition on my worst enemy. I know what it's like to be dead inside. I have gotten past it now with a lot of hard work, therapy, medication, and the loving support of a few people. I have not had any trouble for about 3 years now. I have not hurt myself in that time, and more importantly I do not want to hurt myself anymore.

Right now I am getting my life back on track. I am 28 years old and still in college; I had to drop out while I overcame my problems. I should get my degree in engineering in two years. I also work a part-time job in addition to going to school. The best part of my life now is a wonderful lady who is now my wife.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I hope to get to know some of you better and help you through the hard times. I think you will find that we all have a lot in common.

Great first post and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can be of great help to a lot of people here. And good luck with getting your life back on track - sounds like you already have gotten it back on in the most important way by fixing yourself from within.

Everything else after that probably feels a lot easier?

Welcome! This truly is a caring place, and I know you'll fit right in. What you've come through must have been so difficult, and I truly commend you on that. We all know it is not an easy thing to do. It sounds like you really are getting back on track- I wish you the best of luck with that.

I hope you enjoy your time here on ENA!

Archived