Security of Online Job Agencies

wish4me

I've been looking to change my career for the past 3 months.

I came accross a vacancy through hotjobs which directed me to blastcareers link removed which gave me the job description and a job registration page.

At registration I need to fill out Name, Address, Telephone and Mobile number, and there is an option to check for text updates, which I don't really care for.

I'm just wondering how safe these sites are. I'm always worried about identity theft.

Any advise? Thanks Kel

Name, Address, Telephone and Mobile number, and there is an option to check for text updates, which I don't really care for.

Everything they are asking for except cell number can be found in a phone book unless your unlisted. Most are pretty safe. It's when you give out s.s numbers or credit card numbers that your really need to worry about it.

uh huh, texan, but that is what most of these online career sites ask for.. your s.s # and they all CLAIM to be safe!

Right..... that reminds me, I'm supposed to go online and fill out yet ANOTHER website job application.

you know what bugs me, is that they all insist now on getting a credit check done on you regardless of the job!! I can see if you were going to be a bank teller, that sort of thing but if you are nothgin but a clerk in a store somewhere, there's no reason why they need to pull your credit score.

uh huh, texan, but that is what most of these online career sites ask for.. your s.s # and they all CLAIM to be safe!

Right..... that reminds me, I'm supposed to go online and fill out yet ANOTHER website job application.

you know what bugs me, is that they all insist now on getting a credit check done on you regardless of the job!! I can see if you were going to be a bank teller, that sort of thing but if you are nothgin but a clerk in a store somewhere, there's no reason why they need to pull your credit score.

Why not just go to the place and fill out an app there? Most compaines no longer use paper apps anymore so even then your still going to have to fill it out online.

Archived