The Quote Unquote 'Bad Boy'

ghost69

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This reminds me of Southpark where the goth/emo kids tell the new goth kid "if you want to be a noncomforist you gotta dress just like we do". LMAO

Funny thing is many goth kids DO conform because they all look exactly the same. LOL They would just die if they thought they were conforming tho LOL

Or when Stan is trying to recruit one of them for his dance team. All but one say no with an reason like, "I'm not going to conform and be another Brittany Spears or Justin Timberlake wannabe." Then the last kid says, "I'm such a non-conformist, that I'm going to do it just so I won't conform with you guys."

=p

^^^^

yeah, it's pretty much like that.

Can cheerleaders not be headbangers? That always confused me. So what, I cheer at football games...it's fun. I also go to concerts and pogo...that's fun too.

Mostly, I just like things where I can jump around and people find it acceptable.

A lot of times I find myself in the middle where no one fully relates to me. My jock-ish friends from crew think of me as weird and artsy because I do music and hang out with a lot of music people. Then the music people I know think of me as preppy or jocky. Surprisingly, out of these two groups, I have received the most discrimination from the music people...the really indie kids who only like a few indie bands on myspace that like 20 people know. They don't think I'm "underground" enough to be able to make meaningful music.

A lot of times I find myself in the middle where no one fully relates to me. My jock-ish friends from crew think of me as weird and artsy because I do music and hang out with a lot of music people. Then the music people I know think of me as preppy or jocky. Surprisingly, out of these two groups, I have received the most discrimination from the music people...the really indie kids who only like a few indie bands on myspace that like 20 people know. They don't think I'm "underground" enough to be able to make meaningful music.

I'm having problems with that myself. In high school I was in the "loner group". Yeah, that makes sense, right?

We were a real tight group that had a blast in high school.

However, now that I'm going to college 13 hours away from everyone else, I'm friends with a lot of people, but I don't have any real good friends. My closet friend here is one of my housemates, and even him and I aren't that close. We hang out but we don't talk about things on the same level like my high school friends did.

I just can't seem to find my place. But, I'm starting to think that that isn't a bad thing. I am a bit of a loner. I have my bf to confide the heavy stuff in with (and ENA, of course), and I enjoy having a bit of mystery about me.

I completely understand. Doesn't that irritate you? I get vexed when people say things like "Oh...you do that? I never would have guessed." or "You just look like an analytical kind of person" blah blah blah. People are so easily superficial when it comes to looks, attitude, education, etc.

They don't know me from a hole (or a-hole...LOL) in the wall. Silly.

to me a bad boy has been the guy that usually wears crazy clothing, usually dark dress, funky spiked hair, does dangerous stunt or extreme sports, skater, biker (bmx or motorcycle), punk, in a band, piercings, tattoos, etc. they might have a rugged attitude, but it doesn't mean they can't appreciate a girl and be great and nice with her. to me a bad boy is more an appearance with some attitude differences than normal, and not really a 'jerk' type attitude.

I think the above is a simplistic way to explain what a "badboy" is. The way a person dresses is simply the window dressing. I know of many dudes who dress the part but are harldy bad boys. They think they are. Heck once upon a time the tattoo was the ultimate expression of "bad boyness". Now 7-11 clerks have tats.

Being a bad boy is all about attitude regardless of hairstyle, clothing, music or even hobbies.

The crux of being a bad boy is simply not doing what you are told to do by others or more precisely doing what you want regardless if someone doesnt like it. This is different than doing something that hurts someone or is malicious.

Hi Ghost,

I didn't sift through 11 pages, so I will just answer your question.

The only time I fell for a bad boy was when I was 16 -- he was truly a 'bad boy,' but at the same time, I was a troubled teenager.

Years and years later, I remain, like you, mystified by this "bad boy" everyone is going on about. I like a man with confidence, sure. I like a guy who will send his meal back when the kitchen didn't get it right. (Do you know how few people, male and female, will do that?) But the man I'm with now is NOT a "bad boy" as he is not a law breaker and respects me as a woman. He's confident, but not arrogant.

I can't imagine, at my age, truly falling for the 'bad boy." I'm too smart and too old to go against my own interests. However, I do see lots of men around me falling for the "bad girl." LOL.

I think the above is a simplistic way to explain what a "badboy" is. The way a person dresses is simply the window dressing. I know of many dudes who dress the part but are harldy bad boys. They think they are. Heck once upon a time the tattoo was the ultimate expression of "bad boyness". Now 7-11 clerks have tats.

Being a bad boy is all about attitude regardless of hairstyle, clothing, music or even hobbies.

The crux of being a bad boy is simply not doing what you are told to do by others or more precisely doing what you want regardless if someone doesnt like it. This is different than doing something that hurts someone or is malicious.

i agree. that doesn't mean cause a guy treats a girl like crap he's a bad boy though. it seems the consensus here though which i think is poor representation.

Archived