The Quote Unquote 'Bad Boy'

ghost69

i keep reading on all of the threads that girls want then bad boy. then i read when someone asks if they mean the jerk, mean, doesn't care guy. to me, that isn't a bad boy. that is the absolute jerk. huge difference.

to me a bad boy has been the guy that usually wears crazy clothing, usually dark dress, funky spiked hair, does dangerous stunt or extreme sports, skater, biker (bmx or motorcycle), punk, in a band, piercings, tattoos, etc. they might have a rugged attitude, but it doesn't mean they can't appreciate a girl and be great and nice with her. to me a bad boy is more an appearance with some attitude differences than normal, and not really a 'jerk' type attitude.

where do the jerk and bad boy cross or where have they gotten mixed up? the 'jerk' is a butthole (with a different 'butt' word which i will not type here), not a bad boy.

explain your definition of bad boy men and women.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always assumed that bad boy was the idiot that can't keep it in his pants, always fighting and drinking and carrying on. Funny how when these seemingly unknowing girls finally get the bad boy, they are on here crying the blues because the bad boy was an ass.

That is my definition too. I hung with the bad boys at school because I found them less fake than the preppy ego mongers. I still like bad boys, not in that they dress like that anymore but it more the attitude..being original and not caring to conform. I DO NOT however want a nasty ahole.

Bad Boy - Really bad - The guy that we know will do nothing for us in the longrun but can't resist the challenge of having time with them.

However, what I consider to be a bad boy is the guy that is confident and balanced. He stands his ground and runs the show to an extent. But has an appreciation and respect for others as well. He can dress anyway. There's no dress code.

hmmmm interesting one. to me personally the bad boy is the one who will run amok, be unreliable and ultimately break your heart....you see the warning signs but think this time it will be different (probably because he promises so) and just cant resist because he is also charming, unbelievably fun and full of energy and life, he's a joy to be around but ultimately he's a player and you'll never be enough to satisfy him.

All the reasons you fall for him will be the ones that mean he'll break your heart because he'll have girls a plenty.

Or when youre teenage the bad boy is the one who drinks, takes drugs, smokes and your mum would hate. You date him because its fun, feels a bit dangerous and its good to annoy your parents!

immature girls get hooked on guys that treat them like crap. these guys make them feel inferior, and the girls feel as if they have to work extra hard to keep them. it's like a challenge or something.

these same girls will reject a "nice" guy because he is viewed as easy. or they will take advantage of them.

i will never understand this type of mentality.

i think that more mature women who say they want the "bad boy type" mean that they want what you described: somebody confident who is carefree.

i love my "nice guy."

it's so much better to just be RESPECTED!

That is my definition too. I hung with the bad boys at school because I found them less fake than the preppy ego mongers. I still like bad boys, not in that they dress like that anymore but it more the attitude..being original and not caring to conform. I DO NOT however want a nasty ahole.

I think that's funny. I've never considered myself a "bad boy", but I've almost NEVER conformed, and prior to my marriage (probably owing to my own shyness at the time), women seemed much more attracted to sports jocks, partiers. Which is REALLY funny because now I'm more fit than when I was 20, and those dudes all have beer bellies and heart ailments, with wives wishing someone would pay attention to them.

Even now...I find very little in common with many other men because many are just complacent. In their jobs, their marriages, their goals. Do women want someone who takes life by the horns and wrestles it to the ground? Makes their dreams happen?

I think I intimidate people, and they run the other way...for all my reaching out and caring attitude. Does that make me a bad boy? Or un-approachable?

I think that's funny. I've never considered myself a "bad boy", but I've almost NEVER conformed, and prior to my marriage (probably owing to my own shyness at the time), women seemed much more attracted to sports jocks, partiers. Which is REALLY funny because now I'm more fit than when I was 20, and those dudes all have beer bellies and heart ailments, with wives wishing someone would pay attention to them.

Even now...I find very little in common with many other men because many are just complacent. In their jobs, their marriages, their goals. Do women want someone who takes life by the horns and wrestles it to the ground? Makes their dreams happen?

I think I intimidate people, and they run the other way...for all my reaching out and caring attitude. Does that make me a bad boy? Or un-approachable?

You are dang right women want that. That kind of man is sexy as heck to me.

Do women want someone who takes life by the horns and wrestles it to the ground? Makes their dreams happen?

You are a confident person, you know what you want and you aren't afraid to go after it. So many people don't have that same quality. And I think CONFIDENT women want someone who has your look on life. As noted in previous posts, some women allow themselves to be mistreated because they don't hold themselves in high enough regards. These same women may meet someone like you and think they aren't good enough for you. It's a heartbreaking reality.

My personal idea of a 'bad boy' is one that has the look (also noted previously). A guy who people that do not know may consider bad because he lives his life the way he wants, he does not conform to the expectations society sets for us all. But that doesn't necessarily include a jerk-type attitude. I dated one jerk and that's all it took for me to be able to pin those types of guys from a mile away and to know better and stay away from them. I've always been a sucker for the nice guys.

My first husband was a bad boy... and a hot one at that. He liked to live life on the edge... one step above the law.. at some points a vigil ante. He was a want to be biker (could never afford the bike part) but dressed that way. Drank too much at times, smoked like a chimney and loved to have a good time. But a gentle person, highly emotional, never had to guess how he was feeling! He loved me and our daughter to the same extreme has his badness. Too bad he had to sucumb to his addictions... he was a great guy underneath it all.

My first husband was a bad boy... and a hot one at that. He liked to live life on the edge... one step above the law.. at some points a vigil ante. He was a want to be biker (could never afford the bike part) but dressed that way. Drank too much at times, smoked like a chimney and loved to have a good time. But a gentle person, highly emotional, never had to guess how he was feeling! He loved me and our daughter to the same extreme has his badness. Too bad he had to sucumb to his addictions... he was a great guy underneath it all.

Yup. The old "better to burn out, than fade away" way of living. I'm not going to burn out. I'm going to burn bright and long!

Yup. The old "better to burn out, than fade away" way of living. I'm not going to burn out. I'm going to burn bright and long!

although im not as up there in the age bracket i too the older i get am getting involved with more extreme sports and stunts. Ive always been a sucker for dares and rushes but the older i get the more shape im getting in and want to do more daring things so i completely agree with you here. Although i really am still young at 27 there was a point where i was thinking "damn im getting old". I cant drink like i used to for days on end but who wants to do that as much anyway. Id rather stay in on a friday night and get up early to hit the slopes board style or dunes on my ATV.

Its also funny you mention Odysseus about not being approachable. I work in a workplace of 1300 plus employees. i always get people telling me to cheer up but its just i take my work seriously. im not there to make friends so some of my female friends here have told me that some people are afraid of me or afraid to talk to me cause i just look mean. lol. i can be dont get me wrong but i can be a nice guy too. funny how a book is still judged by its cover

You mean girls dont want a guy that forces them to cook and clean and demoralizes them with words like skank and woman all while wearing a tight white shirt with a pack of marlboro reds tucked in the sleeve with a toothpick in his mouth grunting and admiring his tattoos?

Yeah theres a huge difference between a bad boy and a jerk. I think its about attitude, i like a bad boy in the sense of a no nonsense attitude and someone who knows himself well enough to just be who he is and thats that, he likes what he likes and not what he doesnt like. Id respect a guy like this much more than a wet blanket do whatever you want type, theres times i need to be taken in hand and put in my place!

I think my definition of "badboy" is way different than others on here.

I've always been attracted to the "badboy", too, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was a "butthole".

A badboy to me is someone who knows he's the shi*, who's confident when he speaks and acts, who doesn't tolerate anything from anyone, & who has an aggressive attitude.

Then there's a**holes, who have all of the above, but are also disrespectful & have a shi**y attitude.

My opinion of a bad boy....SWAGGER....Confidence.....Aggressive....knows what to say to make ladies melt. Center of attention. Baggy jeans.....tattoos.....Street....tough, not afraid, stands up for himself and me. Independent-ain't living off the folks.....Makes plans, puts his foot down, doesn't let me walk all over him. Mom and girlfriends don't want me to date him.

Everyone has a different opinion of what a bad boy is.

I love bad boys, I can't leave em alone. I've tried the 'nice guy' but he doesn't do anything for me.

My opinion of a bad boy....SWAGGER....Confidence.....Aggressive....knows what to say to make ladies melt. Center of attention. Baggy jeans.....tattoos.....Street....tough, not afraid, stands up for himself and me. Independent-ain't living off the folks.....Makes plans, puts his foot down, doesn't let me walk all over him. Mom and girlfriends don't want me to date him.

I love bad boys, I can't leave em alone. I've tried the 'nice guy' but he doesn't do anything for me.

Aha. So, would you say "uncompromising" would be in that list?

I'd also add....sounds like the term "Quiet Confidence" doesn't make many of the lists...rather swaggering over confidence. IMHO.

LOL...I an definitely NOT a bad boy.

Not uncompromising, but strong willed

beat me to it.

a bad boy can compromise, but it it's too much, he has no problem getting a new girl. you just can't push them into something. they cannot be controlled. hence strong willed. and no, this does not mean a jerk.

yes amt?

SWAGGER....Confidence.....Aggressive....kno ws what to say to make ladies melt. Center of attention. Baggy jeans.....tattoos.....Street....tough, not afraid, stands up for himself and me. Independent-ain't living off the folks.....Makes plans, puts his foot down, doesn't let me walk all over him. Mom and girlfriends don't want me to date him.

I love bad boys, I can't leave em alone. I've tried the 'nice guy' but he doesn't do anything for me.---

None of that means the person is or isn't strong willed over all. You've been watching waaay to many hollywood movies.

Archived