Thongs: Have you ever

Mangoz

gotten a very bad infection from wearing one? I've been recovering for 2 weeks.. I'm throwing them all my thongs into the trash. I don't care if they're cute. This is the second time and I don't care if people see my pantyline anymore!

i dont think thats ever happened to me.. but i wonder if the butt floss when it shifts around whatever tiny bit of fecal matter may in fact come in contact with the lady part and cause a reaction.. this is possible.

Thongs are the only thing i wear pretty much.. i dont have problems with them. But i can see how its really very possible.

i used to pretty much only wear thongs. i live in wam climate so yea... lol.

now i think back and i wonder if i was mad haha. i dont know if they gave me infections, but they didnt feel too hygenic at the end of the day.

plus.. now that i've gona back to wearing normal cotton/lycra underwear.. ah.. it feels like i'm in heaven!! so comfy. i dont know how i used to even bother wearing thongs now. i only wear them on special occasions or to go out. or unless my pantylines look hideous.

i think the reason they give thrush is b/c they are so tight. and also, if you haven't wiped properly that holds in moisture down there. (also if you sweat).

i also hear that wearing them all the time gives you a saggy behind over time (something which motivated me to stop wearing them). you have no "cheek support". (don't ask me to prove if this theory is true, but the people who told me about it, are in their 40's and still have very perky bottoms. they don't even really excersize).

I would suspect that chafing can occur if they are not fitted properly. And yes that can cause a yeast infection (so can panty hose) or maybe even a UTI if it is rubbing on the urethra and causes friction.

A thong in a light airy fabric that fits well should not present any problems.

A cotton panty is the best bet for any woman who is prone to yeast infections and UTI's. It is what it is, everyone is made differently and some women have issues with these things more than others and if that describes you I can think of worse things than having to toss the thong LOL

yea granny panties i save for home haha. or sleeping. they are so comfy for that.

but i dont wear em out. granny panties arent the only option though.

you can get cute boy cut briefs but they leave panty lines sometimes too.

my favorites are bikini cut.. (which only cover half my bum)

gotten a very bad infection from wearing one? I've been recovering for 2 weeks.. I'm throwing them all my thongs into the trash. I don't care if they're cute. This is the second time and I don't care if people see my pantyline anymore!

they're not cute...I don't even own a pair. I think they're nasty.

There are loads of reasons why people get UTI's, not just because of thongs.

Some people are just prone to them, and others not.

• Drink cranberry juice everyday, if you feel one coming on drink 3 glasses.
  • Certian sex positions can cause it,
  • Going to the bathroom after sex helps.
  • Wiping front to back (or if your paranoid like me, use two different sheets!)
  • Don't wear underwear that makes it hot an sweaty down there.
  • If you need the bathroom go.. Don't hold it
  • also more chance of getting a UTI during pregnancy.

And what Jadedstar said,"A thong in a light airy fabric that fits well should not present any problems.!"

Archived