Need some help on how to go about this....

Jim2007

There's a bit of a side-story to my post to make it easier to explain my situation. I'm currently 21 years old, when I was around 16/17 I worked my first job at McDonalds. While working there I met this amazing girl, I'll call her Karen. Karen really liked me but I had literally no relationship experience and didn't exactly know how to take that. Eventually I decided I'm gonna have to break the ice one day and we went a few dates and became official. We went out for about, 2 weeks, the problem was the fact that I was so inexperienced I couldn't even build up the courage to kiss her, she even had the house to herself a few times and all I could do was cuddle that was about it. Anyways eventually she thought I was scared to get close because I didn't like her but I explained my situation and a few days later she said she thinks she made a mistake about leaving me. Well soon after I quit my job and we slowly went our separate ways.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago, Since my back story I've had a few relationships under my belt now and have made huge progress since I was 17. I ended a long term relationship about 3 months ago and think I'm ready to move on. I walk into McDonalds and I see her there, she worked in the back so I didn't get a chance to talk to her but I smiled and she smiled back. Later than night I searched her up on Facebook and added her. We sent maybe 5-10 long messages back and forth. In one of them I mentioned I got out of a relationship recently and she said she did as well and it was so horrible its going to put her off dating for a while. Anyways we sent a few more messages back and forth and in the last one I ended off by asking if she wanted to get Coffee and catch up... well no response to that message which I found strange because she replied to my others ones pretty consistently. Anyways a few weeks pass and we start chatting again... same thing happens, we send a few more messages back and forth, I again tell her if she wants to catch up let me know! I'd love to go for a coffee. No response back so I decided to leave it be.

Last night she posts on my wall randomly says hope everything is going well!!, I noticed she didn't post on anybody elses wall in a long time so she was thinking about me for whatever reason. She also left a comment under one of my photos telling me I look cute in it. So I just left her a message on her wall simply saying that everything is fine, and I hope her move went well (she recently moved, still locally though). Anyways I truly think we had something back in the day and even online we clicked pretty well. I really want to try and ask her out but I don't know what to do in this situation, obviously I have way more experience now and roadblocks that stopped me before no longer will.

So my question to the community, how would you approach this situation? I know she still might need time to recover from that other guy so do I proceed with caution here? Send me your ideas and it would be greatly appreciated

Life is hard some times you have to do things you dont wanna do to be happy

hi i just wanna share my story with you guys get your tissues ready.. i havent had much luck with guys in my life alot of bad stuff happen to me i got beaten up put in hospital and lost my baby by one guy aslo cheated on.... i finally found a guy who treats me like a woman i really feel loved my him he will give me hes coat when am cold play with my hair tll i full asleep he is the best i got married with him in sept in hes country as i met him on msn and he lived in london we both went back to algeria when we wanted to get married i came back after 3 months out there to see my kids and family he waited as hes waiting for hes visa. am going back out there in dece till jan to bring my husband home with me we be one happy family. but afew days ago we both spoke what if he didnt get hes visa i would go to algeria and live there with him as i cant see my life with out him.... he has changed my life so much.... but what hurts the most is that my kids will not be comeing with me they want me to go and be with samir as they love him lots and me . but i know i will miss me but on the other hand i cant live without my husband my youngest is nearly 11 and she said mummy i want you to be with your husband he makes you happy then am happy i want you to go and live with him i will go with my dad and live. my son he is 16 he is happy for me and my other girl is 14 she is not saying much i told her to come with me if i have to go but i dont know whta she will do..... the way i see life is that you have one life and before i know it my kids with have there own lifes and be happy anyway.... i will know in dece to jan what i got to do... wish me and my husband luck i will need it thanks everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i just wanted to add as well that my kids fathers have already said they wouldnt let me take them with me so i loss them anyway.... my daughter that hasnt said much says she would come with me but her dad wont allow it but i am sure i got rights he dont pay me no child surport money he ows me loads the government is after him so i do think what chance has he got to stop me what do you lot think on that?

Just give her time. She said she was turned off of dating after her last break up so really you just need to respect that. Don't come on too strong because obviously when you do she shuts you out. Build a friendship and trust in her. Then after time if she wants something more it'll happen. Have you talked about your past relationship with her and how you've progressed now? You're a man now and not some boy? And keep in mind that as you have changed, so has she.

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived