Ex has a new boyfriend

confused_255
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

I just found out that my ex has a new boyfriend after only 2.5 weeks of us being apart, im on day 12 of no contact and now i really have no desire to contact her. How can a person go from "i love you with my entire heart your my first love," even 12 days ago... to a new boyfriend so quickly? im in a state of nothing, it hurts less for some reason, but it could be because im so shocked and confused and broken. Well now i know that's over for sure, i don't want her back.

She's moving on. Thats what happens after a break up. You'll get there too.

lol after 2 and a half weeks of being broken up? only 12 days ago she was still saying trhat she still loves me, misses me, etcetc? that i am her first love? awful fast, maybe shes just a * * * * *

just because she moved on so fast doesn't mean that she didn't feel something for you. i know you probably want to stab her for moving on, i'd feel a twinge of that if it were me... but really, maybe she is confused or hurts so much because she realizes what she lost that she found a warm body to keep her entertained while she tries to move on. as others here have said, not taking any time to grieve is probably a huge mistake on her part. she will get hers. maybe she goes through strings of disposable and available people - in the end, that won't make her happy. you're listening to your heart and you're nourishing your emotions by figuring out how to get back to where you need to be after your break up with her... kudos to you, because it is a healthier and better longterm solution than what she's doing!

Talk about being needy, either that or you did not hear the warning bells of this happening... I hope it all will sink in sooner rather than later for you as that entails to a speedier recovery.

I'm sorry you're going through this hellish ride... but when it finally sinks in, it's not going to get any worse, only better.

I had an ex that i dated for 3 years "four year ago" that broke my heart, found out that she was dating someone 3 weeks later. It hurted me bad; I made the mistake of staying in touch with her over the next year. It took me a long time to recover from that break up because of staying in touch with her.

The best thing for you is to continue your dis connection because in the end. You'll be you again and have move on with your life.

it really hurts when your ex moves on so quickly

staying in touch isnt a good idea as it seems to make these rebound relationships stronger.

Best thing is to go completely no contact, then, when this relationship starts to hit some stresses, she'll think of you.

Either way, right now, protect yourself from hurt and dont contact her or even go anywhere you think she might be, as seeing her might just be a stab to the heart especially if shes with him.

I agree with the other posters, it does get easier and over time, you will heal

hugs, Hope x

No my friend. It is called rebound... & i don't think it will lead to anywhere.

Didn't say it would lead to anything...and rebounding is the first step to moving on for some people. But then again, we're not her..so we cant say for sure that it's a rebound...a fling....a one night stand...or the beginning of a new relationship.

Point is....she's moving forward, not back.

No Contact is a godsend. I really have a chance to sit back and realize how great i actually am, i am no longer trapped in a onesided relationship where i don't matter, i realize what i was actually treated like and as hard as it is to realize how much she disrespected me and didn't appreciate me, i am happy i do now, i can see all the things that she did and how she treated me are not signs of a person who loves you.

She is classified as "the loser" girlfriend. I read somwhere on this site about the "loser."

She didn't treat me the way i deserve to be treated, because yes i haev made mistakes and im not saying i was perfect, and i know i did somethings that probably pushed her away and made her angry or upset at me, or hard to be in a relationship with, But, on the main part i am a decent looking guy with alot to offer and i deserve someone who will respect appreciate and love me for who i am and not expect me to be anyone else.

I know i will find someone else, but all these things that she has done/is doing, is sure making it easier to get over her! i still love her of course, but seeing her whoring around already, and realizing the things that HER OWN FAMILY, warned me about before we started dating, really comforts me into knowing that, shes just a +1 and that i will find alot better then her, someone that i DESERVE and someone that DESERVES ME. She will get what she deserves and who she deserves, and when that day comes, she will rue the day that we split up and realize how great i was to her and what she could have had but lost it.

Thanks guys for all the comments and help ! i really appreciate it and its comforting to know that people who have been in same situation or similar situations have come out on top and glowing !

It's now day 13 of NC for me and i feel better each day !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

You read my post, confused. It is certainly possible. You have read my post about my ex, and she went with another guy (TWO different guys two different times I might add) less then a few days after we broke up. The first time, when somewhat having contact, she ridiculed me. The second time, when I decided I have to move on from her abusive tendencies, she had sent me a long email saying how much she loved me and wanted me in her life. She said she broke down every night. Then, only one day later, she wanted to go out with another guy. We haven't talked since (2 months).

You will feel better about her! Going on 3 months (Well, with the exception of her talking to me for 4 days after the first month) I no longer have pained or jealous feelings towards her or her boyfriend. I have begun to resent what she has done to me and a big part of me wants nothing to do with her ever again. You will soon feel this way. The first month is definitely a killer, and your emotions will go back and forth quite frequently. Eventually, towards the end of the first month, you will notice you will feel less and less pain.

Let me forewarn you...Despite the fact that you will not be in much pain after time has passed you may or may not have continual thoughts and curiosities about her even after months have passed. Maybe your relationship will differ, but I find this happening to me. I think about her every day, but the emotions are not very intense. It is more of an annoyance than anything but nonetheless it is something I would surmise takes a lot of time depending on the length of the relationship.

Good luck!!!

Since when is dating someone "Whoring around"? You follow the double standard, don't you? Men often have girlfriends shortly after breaking up with women, and they arent' called that name. Why are we?

It's a trade off: men who do this are called bastards/assholes. Which do you find more offensive? the knife cuts both ways on this one...

I think a lot of the problem is that men assume some sort of virginal model for their 'ideal woman' and end up in trouble (in effect, hurting themselves) because of it. Women can be just as callous as men... It's illogical to deny them this capability.

OP: If it's personal, it's not worth worrying about. Really the best thing you can do is take what she's done at face value. Easier said than done... Almost a skill. You're learning how to be emotionally independent, particularly in the aspect of 'letting go' people such as your ex.

If you had a friend who, one day, said "Hey, we can't be friends anymore. Or rather, we can be 'friends' but I'm never going to see you, answer your calls and hang out with other people exclusively." Is that an offer you'd accept? Or would you think that this person is a crappy friend?

As much as it hurts, your ex was a crappy person to rely on. You've learned. Hopefully, you'll find someone better... And in the mean time, it doesn't hurt to rely on yourself for a little while.

Archived