Thoughts

darkpumpkin

I was having a discussion with a friend about people in a social group who steal the show along with your significant others attention. The point I was making is that it can be very discouraging when your main squeeze is flirting and chatting only with the social queen/king, that its possible to gain the wrong impression when being completely ignored by your SO for this other person. My friend argued that it's just a social quirk and no one should feel anything wrong with your SO becoming extremely distracted with this other person if they go as far as ignore you completely all evening.

It happens more often then not! I've known many friends who come to me with fear that their bf and gf are "straying" due to one social encounter with someone who is more outgoing and flirty.

Ghost can you say if there was someone who captured the room’s attention and yours that you would fight the urge to give the person said attention?

It happens more often then not! I've known many friends who come to me with fear that their bf and gf are "straying" due to one social encounter with someone who is more outgoing and flirty.

Ghost can you say if there was someone who captured the room’s attention and yours that you would fight the urge to give the person said attention?

why would i ignore my SO though? i find that just nuts. some people are more outgoing than others, yeah. means nothing though. nobody has ever caught my 100% attention. nobody.

I was having a discussion with a friend about people in a social group who steal the show along with your significant others attention. The point I was making is that it can be very discouraging when your main squeeze is flirting and chatting only with the social queen/king, that its possible to gain the wrong impression when being completely ignored by your SO for this other person. My friend argued that it's just a social quirk and no one should feel anything wrong with your SO becoming extremely distracted with this other person if they go as far as ignore you completely all evening.

Hmm.. Well yes I agree it can be a bit discouraging. Luckily I don't have to deal with this though, but I can see how it would cause a problem, yet it wouldn't be enough to cause a break up (I think).

Sometimes I tend to speak to the "social king/queen" a bit more, but I make it a point to direct my attention to my SO as well so it doesn't seem like I am flirting. I definitly wouldn't ignore my SO the whole evening.

Haha who does that?

It's become a bit of a (unintentional) habit of me and my bf, that when we go out with a group, just hanging out somewhere we tend to sit next to each other. So even if we're talking to someone else, we don't really ignore each other. Also, if we go chat to other people we tend to give each other a glance or something. It's natural to look over at each other and see if the other is having a good time I think.

I always hate it when that happens, and I tend to think that the SO is not very sensitive to the needs of their partner, if they keep doing it after it has been brought to their attention. If you go to a party as a couple and someone is monopolizing your time with your SO, then they are the one with the problem because they need too much attention.

Of course, it is a party and both of you should be able to make conversation with other people, but not to the point that one person is completely being excluded.

Archived