She wants a baby!!!

emmie_g

My "best friend" who i have post about before is planning for a baby, she's 18!!!!

I had a baby at 17, iv told her its a stupid idea and you would of thought with my experience she would listen.

she thinks she will be with this lad forever.

if she has this baby im willing to never speak to her again but shes so stupid it makes me angry!!!

I know how you feel. My sister just got pregnant on PURPOSE with a guy she only has been seeing for a couple of weeks. On his birthday he got drunk and she tricked him into not using a condom. All this because she wants a baby. Errrrr!

They really don't know how much having a child takes from you.

I know yeah, she thinks im having a go at her and in a way i am.

They both live with their parents, she works at kfc.

I just think she is making a big mistake and its really annoying me.

She is blinded by nativity. She can't see past her own "I want's". A selfish person like that doesn't need to have a baby. I don't mean to put down your friend... my sister is the same way. It makes me so angry also, how a person can be so selfish that they will create a life. Then I see them pawn their kid off on their parents after they get tired of being a "parent".

They just don't get it. Life is to precious.

My sister, when she told me she was pregnant I told her, "you don't even understand or realize what you have just done".

She said "I know" with a coy smile.

I looked at her sternly and said "NO you DON'T know".

My sister is also a big attention seeker so she is just sucking it up right now... makes me sick.

Yeah she is also a big attention seeker, a compulsive liar, a cocaine taker.

She split up with her boyfriend a couple of months ago because he was selling heroin.

And now she wants to play happy families.

Ever since i have had my son she has been pregnant on many occasions...so she made out, but she never was.

I know she wont cope, especially if thier relationship doesnt work out as she wont have the room for a baby, she already shares a bedroom with her sister.

But she cant see all of this, she is also very coy. Asking me if a would go to the christening and everything..she isnt even pregnant yet!!! grrr.

She split up with her boyfriend a couple of months ago because he was selling heroin.

Ever since i have had my son she has been pregnant on many occasions...so she made out, but she never was.

I know she wont cope, especially if thier relationship doesnt work out as she wont have the room for a baby, she already shares a bedroom with her sister.

But she cant see all of this, she is also very coy. Asking me if a would go to the christening and everything..she isnt even pregnant yet!!! grrr.

Wow! My sister sounds like your friend exactly! All except the cocaine, just swap that with alcohol instead.

My sister has said she was pregnant twice even after all the negative tests. She even has called rape on many of her ex boyfriends when they broke up with her mental ass.

This is the time that I wish their was a law that would fix these type of people. She probably just wants to get pregnant for all the attention like my sister

That says it all.....

You really need to try and convince her not to put her own selfish needs first and think about the reality of having a child.....I hope you can, because what she probably doesnt realise is it's going to be the baby that really suffers because of her immaturity not just her.....sadly it's her choice and the end of the day though.....

Good luck Emmie G

I can imagine how frustrating that must feel. Can you make it clear to her that if she does this, you will continue to (emotionally) support her for the purpose of the baby being born and raised in a healthy/safe way but that you do not support her decision? I realize you want to write her off and I don't blame you for feeling that way right now, but you might change your mind at least as far as supporting the child, just like you do your own. Just a thought.

its her life, not yours.

if you were really her friend and not someone who is trying desperately to live through her then you would have warned her once and laid off.

chances are she isnt going to listen to what you have to say about it anyway.

we are all granted separate bodies and brains. if someone chooses not to use theirs or to use it in ways we don't approve of then so be it. turn the other cheek.

i find it funny that you are letting your entire friendship with her hinge on this one decision.

or is it just a means to get leverage over her life? "if you do this i will never speak to you again!" yeah.. thats not exactly fair.

Friends are there to support eachother and enjoy eachothers company. Her getting pregnant won't hinder those things. So why stick conditions on it?

She's not your daughter, you have to realize where your control ends, roughly its about right at the end of your toes.

I don't know my first concern would be this baby.....I would like to think I did everything in my power to convince my friend that this is a bad decision....the baby doesn’t have anyone other than the parents to choose for her/him.....so it's left to an immature mother who uses cocaine and an ex- heroine dealer of father to decide....and all at the age of 17....I can only imagine the life that child could potentially have....I don't think either of them make capable parents.....

....but I suppose there is only so much you can say or do.....

Basically i've said that because for a while now i havnt felt like her friend at all, if you find an old post of mine you will see this. I have tried my best to avoid her and her immaturity. But somehow she always manages to get in touch. Im annoyed because it's alls i ever hear about, the amount of pregnancy tests she has taken in the past its just ridiculous. Was funny that when i got pregnant i didnt hear off her at all. But she expects all the attention off me. yeh i will be there for her but i dont really want to be because i feel like shes having this baby to grab my attention. I havnt said to her that ill disown her if she has this baby, that is just how i feel. Yeah its her decision but its a shame alot of people are gonna suffer from it.

sounds like you would do best to just extract yourself of the situation. i can't see any logical reason why you are still talking to her. i suspect if your relationship with her is that unstable, and she is what everyone on here is talking about that she is..

then seriously you need to make a decision for yourself in this matter.

i highly doubt if she is this mixed up that she will take your advice.

alas people have their own agendas, the only thing you can control is if you are there to watch it all go down.

Archived