Ex tried to kill themself...How do I even talk to them about it?

inamorata820

Yesterday I broke up with my s/o and apparently they took it pretty roughly. My reason for breaking up with them is that I just don't have enough time and they want me around more than I can be for them. I'm a college student and most of my time is dedicated to my school work. When I couldn't see them to do work or I just wanted a night with my best friends, it would hurt them and they'd make me feel bad about it for not being with them. And what really worries me about it is that we were only together for FOUR DAYS. I don't understand how they became that attached. But do I feel sympathy for my ex for attempting suicide over the breakup? What do I do? How do I talk to them about it if they want to?

You've been going on for 4 days, so they probably had some depression issues prior to you even starting to date them.

What's there for you to do? If you were friends with them before, then you can see how they are doing. Don't go back to them to try and "save them". Also, if you do make contact, don't apologize to them because it wasn't your fault.

But really I have no idea. You are in a very difficult situation.

did your ex have a good go at it. or was it a cry for help.

Well, what I am thinking is that this "suicide attempt" may actually not be a suicide attempt at all. But a tendency to be overly dramatic and guilt the OP into staying in the relationship.

It was 4 days! OP, you really can't help someone who got this crushed over a relationship that lasted 4 days. You could end up getting hurt with very very little chance of actually helping her.

Archived