Being friends?

I met my ex-bf yesterday for lunch and shopping. He needed to buy something and asked if I'd help. I agreed. But the way things have been the last couple of weeks and even yesterday, I suspect this friendship will be just like our previous relationship- all about him. Am not angry or surprised. Just sad. At how he is. Just getting sick of being there for him and some of these other friends of mine and not getting anything in return. I thought we could be friends, I wanted to try. But its annoying to be thought of only when he needs help. I used to say something earlier if I felt bad/hurt but I stopped- it doesn't change anything. At this point I don't know if its worth being friends- I would've liked to but now I could take it or leave it.

Thought 'friends' should want to be there for you- I shouldn't have to ask. But yeah- he only ever says/offers to do something when I comment on it. It's stupid cause he is always so considerate with his other friends. I have learnt to not expect anything in the last four years I have known him, but figured it'd be different as friends seeing as how he always treated his friends so much better. Now, I don't know.

Thought 'friends' should want to be there for you- I shouldn't have to ask. But yeah- he only ever says/offers to do something when I comment on it. It's stupid cause he is always so considerate with his other friends. I have learnt to not expect anything in the last four years I have known him, but figured it'd be different as friends seeing as how he always treated his friends so much better. Now, I don't know.

Do you think he's just using you?

Archived