How much can I ask from him?

Bineje84

I just found out my boyfriend of about 3 months still stays in contact with his ex. He told me he broke up with her last year and she was crazy, came at him with a knife, was suicidal and he was done with her. I accidentally, yes accidentally, saw his emails and this last month alone she had about 50 to him and about 150 all together in the last few months. I hate doing this but I couldn't help but look, the bait is there, it's hard not to take it. So I looked at some of the emails she says she misses him, why hasn't he talked to her much lately, does he hate her? He responds back to some of them when she talks about a new job and things like that. I asked him about it and he said he is scared to stop talking to her because he doesn't know what she will do, he doesn't want her to do anything stupid like try suicide again. To me if some guy did that I would cut him out of my life, it seems like blackmail, but he still talks to her and it makes me mad. He didn't tell her about me at all and it just makes me wonder how serious he really is. He seems more serious about our relationship than I am though, he talks about our future and how great I am, how much he loves being with me but he won't cut his ex out of his life? I don't understand this. If he wants to get serious he can't still talk to her like he does. Is it too soon to tell him I am really uncomfortable with it and he has to figure out how to break it off with her?

no, i read one before he met me, like a few weeks before and he said love you at the end, since i met him i guess he has been talking to her less, not answering her calls. but i still don't think she'll stop talking to him, for this relationship to go anywhere i don't want him to still talk to her, i think he should tell her eventually, i just don't know how soon i can ask him. he knows i saw the emails and knows how upset it got me, i told him to fix his wireless so i can use my laptop and don't have to chance see them again, i don't like thinking about it. i don't think he can really get over her if she doesn't leave him alone, i cut ties with my ex's and the most i talk to them is maybe once a year i might get a message or something asking how i'm doing.

Archived