ah, men. what's he doing?

floridacutie

hey guys. i'm kind of confused as to what is going on through his head and what better random people to ask then fellow y chromosome carriers.

anyways.

long story short, this guy was into me, but he was 'into' so many girls at the same time i thought it was kind of weird (and dangerous!) so i turned him down. we remained 'friends', if you could call it that i guess.

although i'm not really sure i like the relationship i have now with him. sure he stares and smiles and acts like a real casanova around me, but i feel like he treats me as an object of lust rather than a person lol, and that i am just another notch on his belt of 'hot chicks' that he talks to. he only talks to me if he tries to make some kind of sexual related inferences, and if i'm having a not so great day as i did recently, he asks what's wrong but when i explain he just kind of brushes it off and i definitely don't feel like he really cares! but maybe that's just a men thing. haha

i was asking him some advice on a new guy that's *possibly* interested in me, and he replies with a 'i don't think he is a good guy for you. you don't really know him, you don't know the way he acts, get to know him first before you decide you like him' etc etc (he kept going on) so i'm like ok. i thanked him.

however, i'm wondering if my 'friend' is really looking out for me, or if he just doesn't want to see me with anyone else, one of those 'if i can't have you, nobody can' deals (do people really do that?) lol. i have no clue and i think it could go either way honestly.

so i'd like to have an outsider's opinion. what do you think? obviously the best way to know for SURE is if i asked HIM, but this comes pretty close

thanks!

It doesn't sound like he has the qualities or potential qualities of a good friend - gender is irrelevant. I don't think his behavior is at all typical of his gender - it's just typical of people who are self-centered and self-absorbed. it sounds like you are turned on by the challenge of "taming" him or similar.

The advice he gave you is pretty solid advice, don't rush in and let your feelings get the best of you, be careful. He may legitimately not want you to get hurt, or he may selfishly want you for himself, if it's the latter then he's a total d-bag but it's still not a bad course of action. If he persists to make passes at you make it clear that you two will never go out, you just want to be friends and if that isn't good enough for him then he can just get out. It sounds mean but sometimes its the only way to avoid future creepy situations.

He Calls Me Instead Of Texting
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting

Archived