billabong89

Why is it after 4 months I still have strong feelings for her. I stopped myself from sending the following to her in an e-mail and I needed to post it somewhere so here it is....

I don't know how else to say this other than I miss you. When I was booking my flights to Aus I wish I could have been booking a flight to Puerto Vallarta to see you. Everyday after my eye surgery I wish you were here to take care of me even when I have to put on my eye shields to sleep at night. Then looking through our first year scrapbook just multiplies these feelings. When we broke up you told me "Wouldn't it be nice if I came back to you" well Yes it would, it would mean the world to me just as the first time you told me you loved me. The hard part is not knowing when that time is or if it will happen. I just want you to know that I miss you and think about you often. Take care.

How do I get this girl back or can I?

Bill,4 months is nothing if you love a person.In 4 years time you may still love her,but you won't be in the same pain mode.I don't know who finished with who,but if she finished with you then write down how you feel, and write to her but.....................don't post.

The chances are if she isn't making the effort to contact you,it's because she doesn't want to,at least not yet and maybe never,but hey,who knows what tomorrow will bring?

You need to put her on the back burner right now and focus on your healing. I'm sorry to say, but you still sound way too emotional to be able to handle contact with her in a productive way. If you can't control your emotions and you haven't dealt with the breakup, yet, you're going to further hurt any possible chances of reconciliation.

Focus on yourself, heal and get to a good spot in your life. Then and only then, should entertain the idea of reconciliation.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, I;m sorry for the constant posts but its the only thing thats keeping me "in-line" right now. Mayday your right I am too emotional. To be honest I don;t really know who broke up with who we both decided we've been at the same point way to many times and things just weren;t being fixed.

Eternal its hard to say because shes not a big one for e-mailing and she never had to make the first move in the relationship...its been off and on. Whenever we broke up I would be the first to contact her and things would go from there. Should I be happy that we are at least talking to each other?

T

Eternal its hard to say because shes not a big one for e-mailing and she never had to make the first move in the relationship...its been off and on. Whenever we broke up I would be the first to contact her and things would go from there. Should I be happy that we are at least talking to each other?

Bill,if a relationship gets to a stage where one person has to do all the work to try and keep it together,then it's a relationship that's in serious trouble.

I was in such a situation where I always tried to remedy the problems,even if I was not in the wrong.When we stoop this low we only tell them that we are weak and desperate and are needy of them.

Relationships should not be like this.They should be 50/50,sharing and caring.If she chooses not to make an effort to contact you,maybe it's because she knows you'll do the chasing.

Stop the chasing and see if she really holds a candle for you.

You have nothing to lose because if you need to maintain the relationship alone,then there's only one person in it.........you!

Eternal your right. I wasn't the only one trying she suggested cousnelling a few times and I didn;t believe a non-married couple would have to go to counselling to solve their problems. Looking back on it, that would have been a really good idea and maybe it would have helped things out.

Its hard to stop the chasing because thats what I have been doing for 4 yrs. Once I stop then what, as I've said I'd much rather be in Mexico with her than backpacking on my own....

Archived