36-year-old man with 18-year-old woman

gregohreee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with being 18, she more than likely doesn't totally know who she is or what she wants, and has alot of growing to do. That could conflict with the already grown up 34 year old man. I'd put money that it wouldn't last long, especially if the girl is in college.

To many people on this board always think of the worst. He might be with eh cause he genuine likes her not because of sex.

Stop being so judgemental.

I'm not being judgemental, I'm being realistic. When I was 18, I can't tell you how many older guys (in their 30s) approached me. Every single one I talked to I quickly learned they were manipulative and just wanted to sleep with me.

Sure, every once in awhile you might come accross a guy who IS genuinely interested but 9 times out of 10, I'm thinking no.

I'm not being judgemental, I'm being realistic. When I was 18, I can't tell you how many older guys (in their 30s) approached me. Every single one I talked to I quickly learned they were manipulative and just wanted to sleep with me.

Sure, every once in awhile you might come accross a guy who IS genuinely interested but 9 times out of 10, I'm thinking no.

So just because most older guys you met are like that every one else is pretty much the same? I think not.

There are many many Males and Females out there who date younger peopel because they simply like them for who they are and not because of sex.

I can say every young girl is with an older man because of money. But that isnt right of me to say. Because its simply not true.

Your thoughts...

Didn't you post a thread the other day about the age of consent in Michigan?

What's your interest in this topic?

I tend to agree with the poster who said it's none of my business....particularly if I have no connection to either one of them. Even if I do have a connection with one or the other, it's still not my life and I really don't get a vote in what they do. An expression of concern -- even if my intent is good -- is likely to be met with something along the lines of "you don't understand, it's not like that, we really love each other"

Actually, my mom was 18 and my dad was 36 when they met. They lived together, married and had children, but eventually they got a divorce because he cheated on her all the time.

I dunno, I'd say be careful, it's quite a big age difference and usually a stable, mature and decent 30+ year old man won't get involved with someone who is barely an adult...

At 18, she has hardly lived life and is barely an adult. At 36, he is approaching middle age. There's too much of an opportunity for him to take advantage of her inexperience. They may really love each other, but I don't think that's the point. She needs some time to grow up, and he needs to look at why a barely legal girl who could be his own daughter is attractive to him. Could they possibly work it out together? Of course.

I am being judgmental, but how else can I answer the question?

I think 18 and 36 is a bit of a stretch but it can work out, providing the man is especially understanding and caring. Personally, I don't have any issues with age gap relationships or any other types of relationships since age is not that big a factor in it. Communication and caring are the biggest factors in what makes a relationship work.

Contrary to what people believe, I have seen age gap relationships work out very well, even age gaps of 20-30 years. It really depends on the people involved. A lot of understanding is needed because society doesn't seem to condone it.

with being 18, she more than likely doesn't totally know who she is or what she wants, and has alot of growing to do. That could conflict with the already grown up 34 year old man. I'd put money that it wouldn't last long, especially if the girl is in college.

my sentiments exactly............

Archived