How Often Do You Worry About Losing Your Job ?

How often do you worry about losing your job ?

Once a day ? Several times a day ? Several times a week ? Only a couple of times a month ? Almost never ?

Almost no job is secure. I know many people in supposedly secure professions, such as accounting or nursing, who suffer job loss and can't find a new one.

I worry often about losing my job.

Wonder how other people feel.

I don't think about it as i work for myself. There is the issue of perhaps my business one day not doing as well as it is at it's peak and then i would have to think of something else to do but i always think "I will cross that bridge IF i come to it"

I dont like to worry myself over things that may never happen, although it is good to have a plan in sight in case the unthinkable does happen.

I have three jobs that are very secure. I have senior positions in each and would not be easy to replace. One job is running my bf's law office. I get a lot of promotions from two of these jobs, even lately. But it took two degrees and several years. I'm pretty sure I'm safe, thank God! I've been employed at all of them for several years.

I have three jobs that are very secure. I have senior positions in each and would not be easy to replace. One job is running my bf's law office. I get a lot of promotions from two of these jobs, even lately. But it took two degrees and several years. I'm pretty sure I'm safe, thank God! I've been employed at all of them for several years.

Well done, sounds like you've done well for yourself, good on you. You should be proud of yourself.

I work Friday-Sunday. Every week, it doesn't change. I go to school Monday-Thursdays. Every Thursday I worry that when I go in on Friday, the next day, that the General Manager is going to call me up to his office and tell me I am fired. So once a week I worry about getting fired.

Never crosses my mind, never has, and I imagine never will. I've never been fired for any reason, and I'm not planning on starting now. Have to admit though, in the current climate, I do feel thankful that I'm largely insulated against the economic situation. It took a good few years of training and several degrees to get to that point, but it was worth it.

I never worry about losing my job. I'm financially secure enough now to hold out for quite some time, so that really makes things easier. My advice is to build up a financial safety net so you don't have to worry about losing your job. It's a really liberating feeling when you realize your job is no longer holding you hostage (financially).

With today's market anything is possible. I do think about it but also taking the time now to go back to school and keep my options open. I just want to be prepared 'just in case'. So yes I do think about it and worry though our clients are mostly overseas and could be some time before anything happens.

My industry is cyclical and you are hired based on program, so I've been laid off many times and am always worried about another layoff coming. Plus things are topsy turvy politically at my employer right now so that also makes people edgy.

I have several degrees, am at a senior level in my career, fast tracked into high level management and I'm STILL scared. 3 layoffs in 4 years will do that to a person. I'm so sick of moving accross the country to chase the jobs, but I love what I do and the money is good.

Archived