So in the course of my breakup, I have had to cut off some mutual friends for the sake of my own healing.

I have, however, remained friends with some of my ex's girl acquaintances who initiated a friendship when my ex and I were together (a couple of them were old high school/college buddies, etc. totally platonic). These gfs I would have befriended even if I hadn't met them through my ex as we get along and do a lot of the same things, etc. They ended up hanging out with me more and more over the course of my relationship cause we hit it off and inadvertently became "my friends".

After the breakup, I was careful not to put anyone in the middle but I was so hurt from the breakup that I considered even cutting these gfs out because I really needed time to take a step back and heal and remove myself from any reminders. So I stopped hanging out with them for a while and re-emerged when I was ready to see people again.

Now 10 months later, one of them still talks to the ex on occasion (if she needs something like a hook-up to get into a club, etc. or pot, lol, yes, I know sad) and for some reason it bugs me. She has even texted him while we have hung out cause she needed a pick up. She knows that he and I don't talk and that I was really hurt by everything that went down and that I don't ever want to see him again.

I know it sounds so stupid but I wonder if I'm being totally sensitive and just not over it still (since I'm reacting to it) or if its just a result of having mutual friends. I feel its disrespectful to me since she knows how horrible he was to me (and maybe a loyalty thing...) but I'm also very respectful of the fact that they knew him first (even if they aren't close friends). It still bugs me though...maybe I just need to drop her altogether.

If you can leave with 'em, drop 'em. You don't have to be mean about it. You can either explain why, or just stop talking to them. Are they really benefiting you in any way?

I stopped talking to my ex's friends the moment I decided to go NC with the ex. Not because I didn't like the friends, but because they were HER friends, not mine. I don't believe my ex has stopped talking to some of my friends, though. I'm not sure how to take that, really. But I don't ask questions anymore. : )

It gets better with time, trust me. You always make more friends.

Archived