Does anybody have interview tips they can share? (Accenture, Consulting Analyst Position)

bacon125

Hello fellow enotalone forum folk. I have an upcoming interview with Accenture for a Consulting Analyst position - was wondering if anybody has any experience with this so I can be more prepared? The lady I spoke with was only able to tell me the time and location, as well as the duration of the interview (40 mins). I assume that the first interview will be focused on the behavioural questions... if anybody knows anything; please respond! Thank you

When you say behavioral interviews do you mean case studies (perhaps different terminology here in the us!)? If you are talking about case interviews, a number of consulting companies have sample cases on their websites (not sure about Accenture, but McKinsey, BCG, Oliver Wyman, Bain) that you can study from. There are also some books on the subject which might be useful if you are planning on interviewing for more of the same kind of job.

Good luck! Congrats on getting that interview.

Thanks so much for the advice you guys.

Sophie - sorry I didn't clarify. By behavioural, I meant questions like "when have you been in a situation and demonstrated teamwork" etc. I know that case interviews are commonly by the other consulting firms, but I'm not sure if Accenture does the same (after some research it seems that they focus more on behaviour; but I hope to confirm this with someone!)

Anyway, if it is going to be case intensive then I am screwed, because I only have 1 day to prepare and I have only had 1 other case interview before in my life (which I failed miserably)............... oh dear. I'm going to bet on behavioural (for now) and focus there.

Back to work I go.

Thanks so much you guys. So good news; I passed the 1st round and it was just a screening one, so no cases... yet! 2nd round is later on this week and I'm crossing my fingers for no cases again.

You're totally right mgirl - I am definitely worried because according to the pros (some career counselor specializing in case interviews), you should have practiced a minimum of 80 cases before your interview with another person. I definitely do not have enough time for that!

& thanks Cotuner for the connection offer with your friend. I will PM you for sure if I have any urgent/pressing questions.

Wish me luck everyone

• 2 years later...

Archived