For women who wax: what do you do inbetween?

PhilliesFan001

Just a question aimed at women who get Brazilian waxes. You know how you need to let hair grow for a couple of weeks before you can really wax again?

Do you abstain from sex during that time? I know it's stupid, but I am *ridiculously* self conscious about having hair there. I hate it, feel uncomfortable and won't even let my boyfriend touch me if I'm not completely waxed. But going without sexual contact for a few weeks while I wait for waxes is kind of brutal.

Any tips?

Geez, find a way to get over a little hair. Grown women have some. Always have and they'll always find men attracted to them. Your sense of pride in your body should not be decided on hair. Besides, a lot of guys actually prefer letting it just grow.

I know - I just really feel uncomfortable with it, and I know my boyfriend definitely doesn't like it, which adds to the discomfort I already feel. It's like women who hate waxing because they feel weird being bare- just the other way around for me.

I know - I just really feel uncomfortable with it, and I know my boyfriend definitely doesn't like it, which adds to the discomfort I already feel. It's like women who hate waxing because they feel weird being bare- just the other way around for me.

its not that bad, because it just looks 'trimmed' when you're ready to get a wax again

honestly, it's not like you have a wig down there during the growing period, and he would be very shallow and dumb if he didnt know that for you to get waxed some hair has to start growing back..

sorry i know this is your thread but i was talking about this with my BF just last night....how much is a Brazilian?

it depends where you are, and where you go

where i go i pay $ 21 which is pretty cheap

but there are other places that will charge you $40/60

somtimes i just buy the wax and do it myself, not the whole thing, but as much as i can.. (this is not advised for someone that has never waxed before)

Well what can you do in between? Unless you get waxed every 2 weeks (and I suspect that would cause problems not to mention be expensive) you are going to end up with a tiny bit of hair there. If that is too much for your b/f then I guess he has to give it up for 4 eeks every 6 weeks.

Just a question aimed at women who get Brazilian waxes. You know how you need to let hair grow for a couple of weeks before you can really wax again?

Do you abstain from sex during that time? I know it's stupid, but I am *ridiculously* self conscious about having hair there. I hate it, feel uncomfortable and won't even let my boyfriend touch me if I'm not completely waxed. But going without sexual contact for a few weeks while I wait for waxes is kind of brutal.

Any tips?

When you wax, after a while even by 5 wks post wax theres hardly any hair...and its not like when you shave. the hair doesn't come back * * * * * ly when you wax.

When you wax, the hairs have to start all over, so they are thinner and pointier at the tips. When you shave, they grow back already at their maximum girth and sheared off of the top making it look like its growing in thicker.

Frankly I find the whole idea of tearing our your folicles down there once every month a very stupid one...

I would wonder if you think women waxing their armpit hairs is stupid as well, or do you like to cuddle up to that? Waxing isn't about pulling them hairs out for grins and giggles.

For a lot of women, its a cleanliness issue. Hair tends to trap smells and it's very unattractive when you get a whiff of it. Yes, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ, however the stuff that comes out doesn't need to get trapped in a giant ball of fur.

For some other women, it can be a comfort issue. It may just feel better there. Think about how much a guy scratches their own junk. It's probably because some little hairs are causing him discomfort and he needs to readjust. Now think about if a woman were to reach down and give a good ol' scratch. Very sexy, no?

To the OP, I would try to think about hair being there as less of an annoyance and perhaps something a little more fun. No doubt the hairs are nice and soft instead of the coarse matted curly mess it can turn into if you let it go wild. Just look at the whole thing as a little bit of peach fuzz. Nothing to worry about since it's not long and gnarly and its still easy to manage and keep clean at that length. You're a girl that gets brazilians rather regularly I assume, so your boyfriend probably doesn't have any negative issues with it. Girls that aren't afraid to keep their ladyparts manageable aren't a turn off to men.

Archived