WOW My life is truly screwed

CoCo2009

Not the best thing to do but if you have nobody to help you out in your hard times take out a 0% credit card and just put the essentials on there (food, electric, water). Cut your cable and internet off, start eating P&J sandwhich's for 2 meals, and keep yourself active while you are home. Take the first job that you can get and keep applying till you find the right one.

Good luck and remember money is just money. There are worst things that can happen, at least you have your health and family.

Hi,

I know it's hard when you lose your job. Not only does it create monetary losses but it takes a blow to your self esteem. Your job gives you a sense of identity and even in a bad there is still a lot of stigma attached to being unemployed.

With that all said, I agree with other posters that if you need money for food try a local food bank. They can help you whether this storm.

Also seek professional help they can often help you cope in a time of crisis such as this and can sometimes help you get connected with important services such as financial help with your bills, employment services etc. If you don;t have health insurance they can charge you a sliding scale fee.

Since you are unemployed, make it your "full time job" to find a job. They more effort you put into the more return you will get. Also try to stay active with things like exercise and volunteer work.

Well I'm going to put in the unemployment app when I get home today

So you put in the app today and then an appointment with them Monday?

You just have to believe, Chica! Believe in yourself and the man up above (if you do believe..) Things will get better. Be optimistic. Careful not to obsess and create further negativity. You can do this! It's going to be rough and tight but you can!

no I have an appointment with a Employment agency on Monday (to help me find a job) I am going to put in and Unemployment application in today hopefully I will be approved until I get a job.

I am reading online that the economy is so bad that I may be denied.

Archived