Saw my crush at work yesterday

winter whiteout

Hi all. As some of you know I have a crush on someone at work. A while back he kept walking back and forth past my department about 15 times a day which he has no reason to and I am the only one you see when he passes by. He smiled at me once when he was walking by. I have walked by his office a few times and smiled at him. But it seems he now is irritated when he sees me and I everytime I try to talk to him he disses me. I said hi to him a couple of weeks ago and he said hi like he was not thrilled to talk to me. I saw him yesterday when I was going to clock in he was walking in. I looked at him and was going to say hi but he had a look on his face that said not to talk to him. I just don't understand why he acts very rude to me lately. He does not do it to anyone else, just me. I have not hardly spoken to him because he won't engage in conversation. Now logically in my head I know I should not care at this point and I have done everything I can to not run into him but when I do I get the same attraction feelings. I get really mad at myself because I am not a kid anymore and should not feel this way but I guess I have learned when it comes to these thing age is never a factor and feelings are feelings.

I guess I just wonder why he is so irritated when he sees me. I have accepted that he is not attracted to me and is not interested. There is no reason why he can't treat me like he does everyone else who walks by and says hi. I am mad at myself for still being attracted to him. I just can't stop wondering why he is so irritated when he sees me. Ahhhhh. ](*,)

If all you've both done is smile and walk back and forth and not actually really talk to each other and go on a date, then perhaps he is feeling uncomfortable from too much attention at work if he doesn't want to go out with you or doesn't believe in dating people at work.

But if he is showing signs of not being interested, i'd just back off and leave him alone. You can't really read his mind, but if his social cues are saying leave me alone, you had better leave him alone, especially in a work environment since you both have to work there and are captive audiences so to speak.

You might have creeped him out by walking by and smiling at him so often. You may not see it as being often, or you may not realize how many times he sees you looking at him?

Trust me, in highschool I had a major staring problem and scared the crap out of guys who initially thought I was cute.

To stalk, or not to stalk? Pick NOT to stalk.

Lol I did not stalk him! I only did it twice and it was a while ago. I have not seen him a lot lately. Tonight when I was at work a co-worker said they were going down the hall and said hi to the ----manager who is the man I have a crush on. She said he was totally rude to her and someone else said it happened last week when she said hi to him as well. None of these woman have a crush on him and they don't know it did. Yes, I said I DID have a crush on him! I guess he is rude to everyone. I am kind of glad I found this out because it brought me down to reality really fast. I only want someone who is nice to me and other people. Someone outside of work. Oh how many more years do I have to wait? Another thread for another time.

Archived