Fun ways to break the news

Silvery

I love hearing stories about how their husband/family reacted when you first told them you're pregnant. I've heard stories about how people would tie ribbons around the pregnancy test stick or gift wrap them in a box. Some even went as far as putting a bun in the oven (literally) and stick a due date note on the oven.

Did you have a creative way to announce your pregnancy? How did your husband/family/friend reacted? I hope some day to experience the same joy you've experienced. =D>

I didn't plan anything special when I told my husband but his reaction was hilarious. Kind of broke the panic I was going through after finding out.

I called him into the bathroom after I saw the test results. He came in and I handed him the test while saying "They usually aren't wrong".

My husband looked at me, then the test, then back at me, eyes wide open... and yelled, "I didn't do it!".

I looked at him and said, "Ummmm... yes you did".

My mum was the first out of her siblings to have children. When she got pregnant with her first child (me), she called her mother and said "hello grandma!"

I always thought that was soo cute and was planning on doing the same when the time comes. But my brother has already made my mum a grandma, so I guess I gotta find another way to break the news

The bun idea is genius!!

I took my pregnancy test at my bf's house. It immediately came up positive and he said that I laughed the most beautiful laugh he's ever heard. I then showed him the test and we both cried! I think my mom already knew! lol I had alot of bloating at first and I took gas-x (not knowing I was pregnant yet) and I went to my mom's house and was like I'm miserable and this stuff doesnt work! She took one look at me, smiled and said "it wont work for THIS kind of bloating". I'm like "what??" I took the test a couple of hours later and called her to tell her, she's like "I already knew!"

I say you don't tell them at all. What a better surprise than a baby?

------------------------------

But, on a serious note, the best way is to drop it in simple conversation.

If you are talking to your parents about say....how many places are at the table, then you can drop how they'll soon be one more.

Then they'll look at you and in a few seconds...BAM!

You could mention how much crowded the house will be soon. They'll ask why. Say, well, there will be more people in it. That's another example.

I thought that, wait the 9 months and call them from the hospital.

thats so funny! makes me wish i didn't live in the same town as my parents because they see me all the time.

with our first baby, we just told everyone.

with the one i'm currently pregnant with, we decided not to tell anyone and see if they say anything when i start getting bigger. i know my mom will as she seems to be obsessed with me weight, every time she sees me, whether it's been a couple days or two weeks, i either look fatter or thinner [though i haven't lost or gained any weight in the last four months]

I love that scene in "Friends" where Rachel is scared to tell her father she's pregnant, so she asks Phoebe to come along.

Rachel's father says "So sweetie, what's new with you?"

Rachel: "Oh, well, I got TiVo!"

Her dad: "What's Tivo?"

Phoebe: "It's slang for pregnant!"

I think it's hilrious.

That's all i've got.

I took a test with my then boyfriend.It came out positive and I was like 'There is another line,but don't worry,it will fade away'! lol

He then told me that two lines is positive and that the other line won't be going anywhere for the next 9 months! I laughed,he smiled at me and we just hugged for a long time...

• 2 weeks later...

I had just finished an IVF. We were waiting for my blood test results and the call was coming that afternoon. Well, they called me before lunch and I had to talk to my husband and act as if I didn't know yet!!! I told him I was nervous and wanted him to come home for the call.

So, I ran and got one of those plug-in blow-up thingys...this one was of a huge 8 ft teddy bear leaning on blocks that spelled out BABY. I set it up in his parking place in the garage so that when he hit the clicker to open the door...there it appeared!

I went inside and just waited...when I heard his car in the driveway,I almost passed out. Poof! HE was there beaming!!! That man has never run so fast!!!!

I had just finished an IVF. We were waiting for my blood test results and the call was coming that afternoon. Well, they called me before lunch and I had to talk to my husband and act as if I didn't know yet!!! I told him I was nervous and wanted him to come home for the call.

So, I ran and got one of those plug-in blow-up thingys...this one was of a huge 8 ft teddy bear leaning on blocks that spelled out BABY. I set it up in his parking place in the garage so that when he hit the clicker to open the door...there it appeared!

I went inside and just waited...when I heard his car in the driveway,I almost passed out. Poof! HE was there beaming!!! That man has never run so fast!!!!

that's soooooooo cute

Thats adorable =]

xxx

My daughter accidently announced the neighbor's pregnancy.

There was a yard sale accross the street. They were selling a really nice jogging stroller and so I raced over and bought it for my grandson. Well the neighbor's husband was on his way accross the street to buy the same stroller. She says "oh, my mom got it already but you still have plenty of time to buy one before your baby gets here"

He was like "what baby?, my wife told me to buy this as a gift for a relative that's about to have a baby"....

Oooooops......The secret was out of the bag. She was going to use the stroller some how to announce their happy news.

My daughter accidently announced the neighbor's pregnancy.

There was a yard sale accross the street. They were selling a really nice jogging stroller and so I raced over and bought it for my grandson. Well the neighbor's husband was on his way accross the street to buy the same stroller. She says "oh, my mom got it already but you still have plenty of time to buy one before your baby gets here"

He was like "what baby?, my wife told me to buy this as a gift for a relative that's about to have a baby"....

Oooooops......The secret was out of the bag. She was going to use the stroller some how to announce their happy news.

oppsie!

10 Amazingly Sentimental and Touchi...
10 Amazingly Sentimental and Touching Wedding Gifts to Give the Happy Couple

Archived