Just curious... for lesbians

Do you like her?

If you're attracted to her, ask her out for coffee and get to know her. If you're already friends, invite her on a date.

Sometimes straight girls flirt with women, so the signs could be there, but not actually mean anything.

I am mostly straight.( I am like 95% sure)

My bestfriends there are like 5 or 6 of them and they are all bi/les and Sara plays with my hair and i fall asleep on her lap and its just us being friends she not atracted to me in anyway shape or form.

so you have to ask. or if you dont feel comftable around her then there is a good chance she is hitting on you,

I know a lot of lesbians who are confused about this very question. It's some times hard to know the difference between friendliness and a come on when women tend to be more comfortable with closeness, in general. It helps to be out and comfortable with yourself--I think that makes it easier to correctly read signals, as well as to avoid sending mixed messages. When someone is coming on to me, I can usually tell. It isn't really any different than with men--lots of eye contact, brief touching, flirtatious comments, smiling, etc.

I think, yes, it's a lot like the interactions between men and women. Including the fact that most people will only "come on" so far. If there is no response or indication of interest, then they will stop and understand that it's friendship only. If you are straight and would never be interested in her that way, then you aren't giving her any mixed signals. So, she's probably just thinking of you as a friend. She could probably use a close female friend. I think it's hard being a lesbian when straight women think you're hitting on them when you just like them and want to be friends. Just as it's hard for men and women to be "just friends" in the eyes of many people.

Phone calls very late at night... some touching... & also she is very friendly... willing to go a lot out of her comfort zone for me.

She sounds like a good friend.

Are you feeling uncomfortable with something?

Has the touching been one-sided? (her touching you, but you don't touch back)

Has the touching felt uncomfortable for you? If so, have you told her so?

because it is possible that i am too oversensitive

It is important for you to know what your boundaries and comfort level are. This can be a learning process. We are not always aware of what our true comfort levels are until we've been somewhat tested through our experiences with others.

Is she your first lesbian or bisexual friend? Is she open about her sexuality?

It is important for you to know what your boundaries and comfort level are. This can be a learning process. We are not always aware of what our true comfort levels are until we've been somewhat tested through our experiences with others.

Is she your first lesbian or bisexual friend? Is she open about her sexuality?

I am NO lesbian. Yes, she is lesbian & she knows that i am not lesbian. Some of the actions which she has showed me makes me uncomfortable... like some instances of 'accidential' touching. The late nights calls had been a problem but it has toned down a lot now.

Maybe i should be the first one to ask her if she is taking our friendship a little too far BUT i don't want to do that because it is also possible that she is just being friendly.

It is very tricky.

Archived