Asking a girl if she is "single"...

Baldwin009

Generally, no, although sometimes there are better ways of asking it.

I'm a guy, but one of my favorite ways of being asked that question is "Why don't you have a girlfriend?"

Like that, you could ask "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" It's sort of an indirect way of asking the question.

I would guess that most girls if they suspect a man may be interested will drop the boyfriend line to keep the guy at bay.If you guys have talked for awhile and she hasn't mentioned it she could be interested and not have a boyfriend or she may have a boyfriend but he might be on the way out and she is testing your interest.I think asking her directly will immediately signal to her that you are interested.Your best bet is to probably ask her out for drinks or whatever and see how she responds.

Do girls have any problem with this? I dont see y they would but idk im wrong about a lot of things.

Don't ask if they are single, ask them out on a date. You'll get your answer without giving them a potential excuse, plus you would have shown the initiative to go for what you want rather than checking to see if the coast was clear first.

once a guy asked me if i was single. i was charmed.

he then asked me for my number and said he would definitely give me a call.

before he got around to making that call i found out he currently had a girlfriend of 2 1/2 years.

punk.

needless to say i didnt answer his calls.

i wonder if its kosher to turn around and ask the person the same question once they ask me now.

'are you single?'

'yeah, are YOU?!'

@_@

If you want to be really subtle, you could ask them something like, "That's a really nice (bracelet/ring/watch/necklace/etc.). Did your boyfriend buy that for you?" Her answer will tell you if she's involved or not.

This is pretty good. But you could also say "That is a nice bracelet, your boyfriend must have really good taste"

once a guy asked me if i was single. i was charmed.

he then asked me for my number and said he would definitely give me a call.

before he got around to making that call i found out he currently had a girlfriend of 2 1/2 years.

punk.

needless to say i didnt answer his calls.

i wonder if its kosher to turn around and ask the person the same question once they ask me now.

'are you single?'

'yeah, are YOU?!'

@_@

I do think it's important to ask the same question back to make sure they are single.

I got involved with a guy who had a fiance and kids, and never told me, and when i confronted him about it when i had found out - he denied parts of it and for the other part he said "well u never asked"

Thats just sly!

I do think it's important to ask the same question back to make sure they are single.

I got involved with a guy who had a fiance and kids, and never told me, and when i confronted him about it when i had found out - he denied parts of it and for the other part he said "well u never asked"

Thats just sly!

Seriously? That kinda stuff just makes me

Unfortunately, I don't think it actually helps to ask it back because if they are intent on cheating, of course they will lie.

If a guy admired my bracelet and said my boyfriend had good taste I would assume he wanted to know if I was single.

If a guy asks me what year I graduated I know he's really trying to work our my age.

if a guy admires my necklace I know its not my necklace he's looking at.

Subtle as a brick.

Last week a married male workmate I go for coffee with asked me if i was dating. I think he's doing it on behalf of another single man at work.

Archived