He's Just Not That Into You?

Pandabear22

New here to the boards...anyways, there's a guy in one of my classes (we'll call him Bob) who overheard my friend and I talking on the first day about how I have a thing for "surfer" type guys. I was going on and on about how much I love their blonde hair and how most of the guys I've dated are this type etc.

Anyways, fast forward a couple of weeks and I am assigned to work on a group project with Bob! Bob is Hispanic and looks nothing like a "surfer dude" but for some reason I am falling for him. He usually flirts back with me and my friend even made a comment that she thinks he likes me, but I'm not sure.

We've all heard that if he's not asking you out, then he's just not that into you. But Bob and I hung out together in a group and get along really well. I think he flirts back with me when I try and flirt w/him, but maybe he's just flirting. I'm falling really hard for him!

My question is: Is Bob really just not into me enough to ask me out? Or does he think I won't like him now that he knows my "type" is nothing close to what he looks like?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

from my own personal experience a guy who is truly interested in you, will not leave you guessing if he really likes you. My suggestion is to just go with the flow of things for right now, if Bob flirts with you more then go for it, see where it leads you. If your the type of girl who is not shy to make the first move, then by all means ask him to chat over coffee or to hang out sometime.

Not enough info. That's probably what Rob here is thinking as well. If he mistakes your friendliness to him as attraction..wow, talk about awkward group settings. Do something less subtle. You don't have to ask him out, but I'd say being subtle is the worst thing you could be right now. There's an added risk when you ask someone out that you or your friends know and hang out with -- it can get odd for everyone involved. He might be playing it safe, so I need more info.

Archived