What do you think...

loveNgirl

of this text message conversation... I know ive posted threads about my sucky boyfriend and know what needs to happen. But just for my own sanity Id like to know if Im wrong.

background for this text was I called him when I got off work. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was going to the bar (which is the bar he would go to all the time when we were broken up but still acting as if we were together and meeting other girls) to watch football. I said "to watch football?" and he goes "yea, monday night football" and I said "where?" and he says "gators". Then he says in a very smart ass tone like hes irritated I asked what he was doing "anymore questions?" and i was like "get over it. I am your girlfriend, I can ask you a question" So then he starts yelling at me about how i have a damn attitude so I hung up on him b/c I didnt desrve to be yelled at like that... so here is our text convo...

him: you asked all those questions with an attitude then you hang up on me?

me: drew i didnt have an attitude until you were a smart ass to me saying anymore questions like im not allowed to ask you questions

him: b/c i felt like you were asking with an atittude

me: no i wasnt and if you felt that way why dont you be nice about it instead ofmaking the situation worse by being a smart ass

him: said the person who hung up on me...

me: yea because maybe i didnt want to be talked to like that anymore

him: so you did nothing wrong and its my fault

me: where did i say that drew?

him: you said that i was doing this and i was doing that. Obviously your saying its my fault, even though you questioned me with an attitude and then get mad when i say do you have anymore questions. wow

me: drew I already said i didnt have an attitude. Im sorry if it came off that way

him: then you say i was yelling when i clearly wasnt and then hung up on me but you want to point fingers. but once again im not going to sit here and text you esp since you hung up on me

me: drew please you hang up on me all the time. that was the first time ive ever hung up on you

him: you always have a reason...

me: no why is it ok for you to hang up on me but when I do it its not?

him: jess why you insist to bring up another argument? I mean seriously do you wanna argue?

me: whatever drew

him: your mad b/c i dont wanna argue. I cant win for loosing with you. bye

me: no drew obviously you dont understand. NO i dont want to argue that is why i hung up on you but then you tell me that you arent going to text me esp after i hung up on you but what about all the times you hung up on me? You hung up on me just the other day. But its ok for you to do it or say hurtful things to me but its ok b/c i make you do it or i deserve it

him: I can bring up * * * * you have done jessica, what does that prove? NOTHING you just wanna argue

me: It does prove something drew it proves that you are getting mad at me for something you do to me as well

him: ok, so what does that prove? im not mad you hung up on me. I could care less honestly. Im mad b/c you asked questions with an attitude

me: I just said i didnt have an atittude that im sorry it came off that way

him: Ok why didnt you say that when we were talking on the phone

me: DREW I DID!!!!

him: baby do you need to cuddle?

me: sure

him: sure?

me: yes drew, it means yes

him: see jessica you seriously have an attitude, whats wrong with you? Im tired of when I try to be nice you act like this. grow up

me: I dont have an attitude b/c I said sure

Just some bickering between a couple where there is some insecurity or a lack of trust. I used to get drilled a million questions like that and would always come back with a smart remark and that's when the fight would begin. I'm not saying that's what you did here but I got tired of always having to answer to her like she was my mother.

I wanted a girlfriend not a mom. Not saying you're doing this, but it might be why he gets irritated and causes a fight. He doesn't know how else to back you off without saying something stupid.

Just some bickering between a couple where there is some insecurity or a lack of trust. I used to get drilled a million questions like that and would always come back with a smart remark and that's when the fight would begin. I'm not saying that's what you did here but I got tired of always having to answer to her like she was my mother.

I wanted a girlfriend not a mom. Not saying you're doing this, but it might be why he gets irritated and causes a fight. He doesn't know how else to back you off without saying something stupid.

well when he tried to switch from arguing to asking me if i wanted to cuddle I wasnt in the mood for nice talk so I just said sure. Its hard to go from arguing and him saying hurtful things to me to being nice when he NEVER apolgizes for what he has done. I told him this... that he didnt even apolgize to me for telling me to STFU the other day, even when i was balling on the phone to him about it b/c my father (who I no longer have any contact with) used to say that to my mom as well as other abusive things. He said that when I say sorry and thank you he will apologize to me.

This just sounds like maybe you two need some space or take a short break. You guys sound irritated with each other but it's just a petty argument that most relationships have. People tend to defend themselves when they feel attacked, this is what you both are doing but as an outsider...it seems so silly.

Archived