Saying "I love you" for the first time

thegirl_00

Hey there! My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months. He told me he loved me about 2 months ago, but i never said it back. I knew I loved him, but i just didn't feel ready.

Well, I'm ready to say it now and I know he is dying to hear it. I want to make it special, and maybe a little on the goofy/creative side because we both love to laugh.

I was thinking of telling him that I wanted to try something on him that I "saw on TV", that I would need to draw a surprise "picture" on his hand and telling him to close his eyes, but when he opens them he will see that it says "I love you instead.

How does that sound? If anyone else has any idea's or stories about their first time saying "I love you" I would love to hear them.

Thanks

i think something like "i love you" needs to be told to a person's face, and not written on his hand or on a cookie (these are secondary things).

if you really mean it, then tell him that as you look into his eyes. otherwise it may not seem like you really mean it. i'm usually careful w/ things like this, just to avoid any ambiguity.

I completely agree with you michelangelo. I thought that after he read it I would tell him to his face that I mean it and I love him. I'm a bit of a silly character and I know he loves me for that. I thought I would make a memorable moment even more memorable in my own way. But I don't want it to be taken the wrong way either...

lol ...

I think that this isn't something you can plan because you will be too nervous. I think that you will know when the moment is there and it will just come out. Perhaps, when you cuddle up with him before going to sleep... I wouldn't stress too much over how or when you can say it.

I thought doing something different would be cute. I heard of a friend of mine, her boyfriend did something sweet like this to her when he said "I love you" for the first time and she just loved it.

Well I'm seeing him right away so ill see how it goes! I'm excited either way

I knew my boyfriend wanted to say it but that he wasn't going to until I did. So when I was ready, I just waited for a time that felt right. It happened when we were going for a walk late at night (one of our favorite activities). He was saying how lucky he was to have found me, and I stopped him under a street lamp and told him.

Nothing special or fancy, but it was super memorable and great just the same.

I think the most memorable way you can do it is to kneel in front of him, put your hands on either side of his face, stare deep in to his eyes and tell him you love him...simple and sincere...

That would not be just saying i love you, but rather saying: will you marry me? ;-)

How To Tell Someone You Like Them (...
How To Tell Someone You Like Them (Without Screwing Up)

Archived