Being funny/teasing

Stinkweed
17 Improv Tricks for Better D&D...
17 Improv Tricks for Better D&D Roleplaying 🐉🎭

I know I can do it, I know I've got it in me, cause I joke a lot around my friends (not only good friends, but also some who're pretty much just acquaintances) and siblings and I make them laugh out loud (sometimes knee-slappingly) pretty often. But when I'm talking to a girl I suspect MIGHT be interested in me, I just don't do it. I kinda can't find what to tease them about, or what to joke about, and if by any chance I do, it's just really weak that they probably don't even really hear/understand. I've tried several times, but to the same end... Is it that I just don't have enough in common with them or something of the sort? I mean, I do tense up, but even sometimes I try my best to stay pretty relaxed, and it still doesn't work. Anyway, do I need more "practice" or what? Any tips?

How do you joke with your buddies? What you should be doing now is basically the same thing, but with more of a sexual edge... I guess.

I dunno... More of a sexual edge? I dunno about that. They'd most definitively think I'm a perv if I start doing sexual jokes. Plus I'm talking about girls I don't really know. I might not know their name, heck, might not even be in the same class/school.

Have you tried practicing flirting/teasing with girls you do not find attractive?

Yes I've tried joking around with girls I don't find attractive, but it's the same thing... Maybe I'm just like that with strangers, I dunno. Maybe it is that I kind of got to know the type of humor these people tolerate. I'm not sure.

I dunno... More of a sexual edge? I dunno about that. They'd most definitively think I'm a perv if I start doing sexual jokes. Plus I'm talking about girls I don't really know. I might not know their name, heck, might not even be in the same class/school.

It depends on how you do it. Don't sit next to them and say, "Hey, nice dress you're wearing... I've got a boner!" Have some tact. Suggestion, joking innuendo - a good line to throw out is, "Hey, are you trying to seduce me? I'm not that easy!" Works in a lot of circumstances, gets things in the open and is fairly innocent. That's what we call 'flirting'.

It depends on how you do it. Don't sit next to them and say, "Hey, nice dress you're wearing... I've got a boner!" Have some tact. Suggestion, joking innuendo - a good line to throw out is, "Hey, are you trying to seduce me? I'm not that easy!" Works in a lot of circumstances, gets things in the open and is fairly innocent. That's what we call 'flirting'.

I guess I'm not cut out for this, lol. I don't think I'd like that. I wouldn't even know when to say it. I'm really not looking for a girlfriend, or anything. But, I dunno. I guess it doesn't really matter. It's funny how everything was fine 3 weeks ago, and I never even worried or thought about this. And now I dunno...

Practice makes perfect. You wont be an expert your first try, but over time you do get better. My suggestion is to keep trying.

Okay. I will keep trying. But it's pretty hard to practice an almost non-existent skill... I wish I had a "base" to work on, you know? But maybe that'll come with some practice.

Okay. I will keep trying. But it's pretty hard to practice an almost non-existent skill... I wish I had a "base" to work on, you know? But maybe that'll come with some practice.

Observe guys who are good at it to try to pick up some direction. I started off that way years ago. I was completely lost so seeing guys who were comfortable doing it helped give me an idea of how it was done.

Archived