Do you ever have the same kind of connection?

Jim2007

Well I've only ever been in one serious relationship and it's been 3 months since it ended, and I've been thinking, do you ever love someone the way you loved your first? what I'm trying to say here is I'm starting to feel like even if I get into another relationship it won't be the same as my first.... I think I may not ever find someone who stood by me as much and cared for me as much as that first girl. From your experiences is this true?

From my experience, you find someone who is even better for you after your first love. But only if you give yourself time to heal and time to reflect. It will help you realize what you do or don't want in a relationship, what you will or will not put up with from your partner. First loves are ignorantly blissful, I agree. But that doesn't always mean they are the best relationships. I am in my third serious relationship and I find it to be the best I've ever had. The connection is deeper than any I've ever had. Just be patient because rushing something is what blinds you to truths.

Good luck with everything!

You asked two questions, really--one about how you will feel, and one about how you'll be felt about.

I think that other relationships won't be *the same* as your first love (and they won't be the same as each other, either), but many of them will definitely be as loving and meaningful as your first, if not more so. Each relationship is special in its own way. Over time you'll learn a ton about yourself from each of these people.

The first is mostly special because it's the first, and first *anythings* are eventful. They aren't necessarily the best, though. Hopefully the LAST will be the best, right? ;-) And heck yeah, you'll find somebody who will love you and stand by you as much as your first. It's hard to believe, but so true.

Good thread, I was wondering this too, i've only really had one relasionship and that as my first love, I know you wont get that feeling you got because everything you did was new, but you will experiance new things that could be a lot better!, look back on your first love as something special and that the next one will be a differnt type of special, lifes about experianceing things you will look back upon.

Yes, you will "feel" a connection just as much, or stronger than your first love if you allow it to happen. It may not be the same kind of connection because everyone bonds differently. In my own experience, I feel a much stronger, confident love for my girlfriend now than I did with my Xwife. There is NO fear of rejection or conflict because I know we have such great communication and trust. It's so much better than my marriage was.

Well I've only ever been in one serious relationship and it's been 3 months since it ended, and I've been thinking, do you ever love someone the way you loved your first? what I'm trying to say here is I'm starting to feel like even if I get into another relationship it won't be the same as my first.... I think I may not ever find someone who stood by me as much and cared for me as much as that first girl. From your experiences is this true?

You will find that other person that can be much more. You just have to be able to let the EX go in the sense of that old familiar emotional connection and start with a fresh slate. It worked for me

in my case no.

the connection i had with my first love was very strong and intense and i really don't think it will be repeated.

i did fall in love for a second time with a new woman, but while the connection wasn't as strong or the feeling as intense, i did fall in love with her and was ready to make a commitment.

each person is different and they will elicit a different feeling inside of you, but for me, my first love was a life changing experience. but i don't think about that anymore, i just want to meet and love someone again who i can have a future with, regardless of whether the connection and intensity of feeling is as strong. i want to write a new story with someone new

Starting Over In a Relationship - B...
Starting Over In a Relationship - Beginners Guide

Archived