I keep having a disturbing thought that I am being hit by a car

CoCo2009
Dream about your ex
Dream about your ex

Zoloft

I stopped taking them like on Tuesday

I didn't tell my doctor because I don't think he cares, he just gave them to me and didn't even give me a check up

I have been taking them for a month

I stopped taking them because I want to be able to live without them because I am laid off and I can't afford them without insurance. I took half a pill on Thursday and that was the last time.

I understand that you are going to be laid off and worried about being able to afford them.

However. Anti-depressants. I disagree with anyone just stopping taking them cold turkey without weaning and without talking to their doctor.

Have you looked up side affects associated with stopping?

I just... think this was a really unwise decision Sweetie. I think you really need to contact your doctor. Your life is so unsettled right now. Your relationship is causing you anxiety. Your work is causing you anxiety. Now is not the time to make a decision like this without at least discussing with your doctor.

Going cold turkey off of anti depressants is VERY VERY dangerous!!! People can become suicidal and homicidal! My husband attempted to kill himself because he did the same thing. Call your dr, they do not tell you things just for the sake of talking. If they did not care they would not be a dr in the first place.

I read that they have horrible withdrawal symptoms. I haven't been feeling terrible so I thought I was okay. I still have some, almost a month left over.

Contact your doctor, please. Speak with a nurse over the phone - let them know you stopped taking it and ask for their expert advice.

Aww, hon--these meds (both being on them and going off them) can mess with your dreams big time. Call your doc and see if you can work out a plan to taper off of them in an organized way, if you want to quit. (I know that years ago sometimes docs would have free samples from pharm reps that they would give sparingly to uninsured patients in cases like this. Maybe your doctor can help you out.)

But also, anxiety dreams are so normal w/ or w/o meds. When I get stressed out I tend to dream about being trapped in parking garages, or finding myself trapped under water. Uncomfortable but normal.

Archived