Is it wrong to have an ethnic/racial preference when dating?

schaser

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she is a jew. why would she talk bad about jews?

she uses a jewish dating site called link removed to date. her favorite actor is Harrison Ford (jew).. her favorite musician is Bob Dylan (jew)...

but oh oh.... she is not a racist. she just has personal preferences

yeah she does. she prefers jewish men.

she is a jew. why would she talk bad about jews?

she uses a jewish dating site called link removed to date. her favorite actor is Harrison Ford (jew).. her favorite musician is Bob Dylan (jew)...

but oh oh.... she is not a racist. she just has personal preferences

So were you being sarcastic with your earlier comment about the women you would date?

There is THREE (in 3 pages...)

but this is the best:

I don't date black men. Never have, never will. I don't find skin that dark to be attractive. However, I don't hate black men at all. I don't think they are lazy, I don't think that they don't contribute to society or anything like that. Just personal preference.

sarcasm at its best...

oops...... she just has personal preference... roflmao

Everyone has a preference. I'm Latina..I prefer to date African American men....just my preference. But I'd never judge anyone based on their race or skin color. I've dated men of many different races.

can people just drop the word preference? seriously it is very annoying. just be bold and say "i am a racist. i will only date this race" instead of being cowardly and using words like 'personal preference'.

You can chose what race you want to date as much as you can choose to prefer what color eyes you like.

It becomes racist when its not a matter of sexual preference but as hatred.

I don't date black men. Never have, never will. I don't find skin that dark to be attractive. However, I don't hate black men at all. I don't think they are lazy, I don't think that they don't contribute to society or anything like that. Just personal preference.

Ohhhhh I love their dark skin!!...something about their features that just drives me wild! But, that's my opinion. Doesn't mean that I'm racist to white men.

Alright LISTEN or (read)

^ If all anyone is saying is I prefer (insert race) but if the most amazing guy/ girl or a other than preferred race came along sure, I'd get with him/ her that's FINE!

If you GODFORESAKEN find someone outside your normal preference to be attractive but STILL wouldn't date them JUST BECAUSE they are _________ then YES RACIST.

I agree with this.

But I think most people who will pass up someone outside of their race that they are attracted to do it for religious/cultural preference reasons, and not because they are racist.

whoa there.... what is so wrong in being a racist? people here are jumping up and down as though it is so bad. it is no more bad than discriminating certain races under the guise of having personal preference.

But what I'm saying doesn't mean that I wouldn't date a white man or latino man or asian or whatever....I'm simply saying I find black men more attractive. But if the right white guy or latino came along and I was interested in him, then I'd date him.

It disturbs me that people throw around the words racism and racist so casually. These are serious terms. I'd be surprised if anyone who has actually experienced true racism would be throwing them around and applying them to situations so casually.

yes i know... being a non-white person i have been subjected to it. i was once walking down the street minding my own business... a car passed me by and the white guys looked at me and screamed "go back to your eff-ing country you brown s*it son of b*tch".

that is why i get angry when people discriminate based on someone's race while dating and then say "oh.. it is my personal preference".

Well in this case I did find him attractive, he's a good looking guy and the differences, of which there are many, didn't put me off. For me and for him I think, the differences are what made it all the more interesting (Im his first white partner and he's the first guy I've dated outside my race)....and despite the differences and as human beings, we are pretty much on the same wavelength, share the same sense of humour and we get along really well.

I'm same as you, in that I can stand up for myself and I do...for he can be a tad controlling. He actually doesnt seem to mind, that I can and do stand up for myself...

He was actually born in the UK and lived here all of his life, so he's kinda been westernised anyway....but still lives very much by ways of his native homeland. He's Muslim yeah, but he doesn't follow it that well. Doesn't go to the mosque as often as he should, doesn't wear turban etc...lol, dresses same as we do. Thing is, his family dont even know about me. I don't much relish being a secret, but one day and if things progess between us, he is going to have to tell them...

Everything else and the differences have been discussed....so I pretty much know what I'd be getting into and letting myself in for, if I was to marry him.

Thanks anyway

But what I'm saying doesn't mean that I wouldn't date a white man or latino man or asian or whatever....I'm simply saying I find black men more attractive. But if the right white guy or latino came along and I was interested in him, then I'd date him.

yes... but there are some people here and in the real world that "will only date this race" and "will not people outside their race".

People who don't want to date people of particular races because they are typically not attracted to them, or because for cultural reasons, they prefer to date within their own race, are not racist.

i do not think so....... they look at someone... notice that they are of a different race... and boom... they don't find them attractive......... and then call it as having a personal preference.

Archived