Update on "me and my crush"

So many of you may remember the saga that was my summer with me and my crush on this guy. He was the first (and to date only) gay guy that I have met that I am physically attracted too. I finally got the courage to come out to him (he was the 1st, and still today only a couple people know). By the time I came out he had just gotten a boyfriend so I worked at being his friend, which I accomplished tho it was very difficult because of my feelings for him. At the beginning of Sept I left for college, 2 hrs away, which was very difficult for me to leave him behind. During this time his relationship with his boyfriend was about to end and a few days after I left they broke up...I was bummed that it happened AFTER I left. A week or so later he falls for the guy (who is gay) that was HIRED TO REPLACE ME at work. This really upset me because he was my replacement...in more ways than one!! lol

Well the new "update"...

I went home this past weekend and saw him, he kept telling me how much he missed me which made me feel good. The next night I was invited to drink at his house because he was "having people over". I go over and its just me and him drinking. After a bit he tells me that his boyfriend had broken up with him. He kept bringing up the subject of sex (not with me, but just in general). So I'm looking at this situation, something I've been wanting to be in for monthssss, thinking that he must want to hook up. His phone rings, he walks away and takes the call. When he comes back I wait a minute and make a move....and get turned down..."No, this isn't a good time, my ex just called and is talking about cutting himself." and was asked to leave.

This for some reason really, really upset me, embarrassed me, and made me kinda bummed. I don't know if I should be feeling that way because it wasn't really my fault that I got turned down (unless he had no intention at hooking up with me regardless)....but I am disappointed.

Since that night I can't get him out of my head (more so than usual)...I'm crazy about him..I am suppose to see him next month so hopefully hes still single and wants to fool around...

Well, I think you have to admit that making a move on a guy that just got dumped is probably not the best of timing, no? Even if he reciprocated it would be a rebound move at best and you don't want that! I think you should definitely let this guy have his time to get over and deal with the relationship that just ended and then at some point come clean with your feelings for him. Also, what was your move? What got shot down?

This could lead somewhere so don't get your hopes down....just bad timing!

Archived