Motion sickness from dehydration?

hers
In conversation with Dr. Chris Leatt
In conversation with Dr. Chris Leatt

What the eff is wrong with me? I feel ridiculously sick today, like motion sickness.

Last night I was riding around wiht a friend of mine who drove like he was trying to get used to his car (even though he's had it for years) and slammed on the breaks and weird stuff, and it made me so nauseous that I codln't even eat when we went out to dinner. I thought it was just that, and then today I got in my car to go somewhere and I felt like that again. I NEVER get car sick.

A friend of mine told me it could be b/c I'm dehydrated and to chill out and drink a lot of water and it shoudl pass by tomorrow. I do feel really thirsty but also really hot. I'm sweating on my forehead and I never sweat there ever. I don't feel like I have a fever, and my stomach doesnt hurt like I coudl be sick, but I just feel dizzy and nauseous that way.

Any suggestions on how not to feel like this? Right now I'm lying in bed with the AC unit blowing right on top of me and I still feel dizzy and hot, and I'm drinking a lot of water but still feel thirsty. What do I do?

What is gravol? I don't wanna get in the car and drive to get anything, haha

I went to sleep last night and felt fine when I got up this morning, then felt gross again after I started to drive somewhere. So I'm just trying to take it easy right now, but I have to leave agin to go somewhere in about 45 minutes, but I may just skip it and stay in tonight to let this pass.

Do you think it'll pass in a day or so?

Nothing like that. It just started last night when I was riding around wiht my friend, and someone told me it cou;d be from dehydration.

The weather messes up my body whenever it changes often, so it's pbeen pretending that I'm sick lately but then I'm not a few hours later.

What is vertigo?

I have Gatorade.

But why would I suddenly start feeling like this? No changes in my diet or anything. I've never felt like that before.

I feel a little better today (I slept for 10 hours last night!) but I have to startt driving places in about 30 minutes, so we'll see how I feel then!

It was pretty dark yellow this morning when I got up, but it usually is after I wake up in the morning.

I haven't thrown up--it's been more nausea and dizziness, mostly for a few hours after I drive soemwhere. Then when I get home and lie down, the dizziness subsides. I'm hoping the 10 hours of sleep I got helped.

Archived