Girl already shows interest, but I'm still nervous.

PaperDolls

A week ago this girl I've known for about a year told me in so many words that she wants to date me. I'm currently involved in a long-distance relationship which I'm certain will end soon, and I'd just like to get to know this girl a little better. We only see each other when we bump into each other at parties about once a month, and I don't see the harm in simply hanging out with her a little more just to get to know her better.

Last night I saw her again at a party, and I was planning on telling her everything I just mentioned above. But I didn't really get a chance to get her alone and she left early because she drank too much and got sick. Later that night I just asked my best friend for her number.

My question is how do I go about things from here? I was thinking of calling her today, asking how she's feeling, if she's busy, and if she'd like to hang out because I wanted to talk to her. I know I don't have to worry about rejection because she already admitted to liking me, but I don't know what I should ask her to do. I'm a little shy and while I'm normally not nervous around her at parties, I'm not sure how well I'd hold up just the two of us. Would it be weird to call her today and see if she wants to go out to eat or something? I have a bit of a hangover and I'm worried she might have one too so I was hesitant to call her today, but I'm worried it will be more awkward if I wait any longer to call her, it's already been a week since she admitted to liking me.

You get that you have an obligation when in an LDR just as any other relationship, right?!

Dude, if you're even thinking about trying something with this girl and leaving your LDR gf ignorant so you've got a backup, you deserve a smack.

LDRs are hard, that's why you don't enter into one unless you think it's worth it.

Break it off now, then do what you like ith this new chick.

Dude, if you're even thinking about trying something with this girl and leaving your LDR gf ignorant so you've got a backup, you deserve a smack.

Thanks you guys, it's hard to take but I needed to hear that. I haven't kept my girlfriend in the dark about it though, I've told her about every time I've run into this girl. She's been hanging out and getting drunk with another guy that she knows likes him so I guess I was using that to justify my current situation.

I know I should break things off with her before I even think about pursuing other people. I've just been so completely and utterly confused. The inevitable breakup is going to kill me and it's the thought of this other girl that's been helping me through it. I don't want to use her as a rebound though so I was planning on taking a lot of time to be single after the breakup before jumping into another relationship, and I just wanted to get to know this new girl as a friend during that time.

I know I need to be smacked for even considering hanging out with this new girl pre-breakup.

Is it even worth a shot to try and patch things up with your current gf?

Well the reason I know we're going to break up is that we are long distance without any kind of concrete date as to when we can be closer. Also, she has only been with one guy before me and has little experience. She is young, wants to party and live the single life while still having a commited boyfriend to comfort her when she's down. She is about to go to college for 10 months and I know she's going to meet other guys and that's when she's going to want to let me go.

I don't have much experience ether. Both serious relationships I've had were long distance for the majority of the relationship. I see this new girl as a chance for me to have a normal local relationship for once. So I guess we're breaking up because of unfortunate circumstances, not from a loss of feelings, which is why the breakup is going to hurt so bad. I still love her very much.

Archived