anti-depressants and yet still dont want to do anything...

keyblade_wielder
Inspired Post from the Total Knee R...
Inspired Post from the Total Knee Replacement Support Group for Kind People

Hey everyone been awhile but good news. I was put on antidepressants and they have been working for the most part EXCEPT during my period they don't seem to work as well. I know for me this is normal been like that since I was diagnosed. Its been getting harder to keep myself from getting 'bored'. I still don't want to do anything. I come home from work and sleep and thats it. I am not sure what is missing. I try making plans with people and when I do I am fine. Happy nothing is wrong.

I am growing ever more into this ditch and I don't know how I got there. More importantly, I don't know how to get out. Thats all I want is to get out.

You may have to have your dosage increased. Next time I see my PCP I am going to ask for an increase from 20mg to 40mg. I feel that the 20mg isnt' sufficient for me. I still find myself in a rut, especially that time of the month. So I understand the way you are feeling. Vent all you want I am here to lend support.

Anti-depressents address brain chemistry issues, but 'period' blues are caused by hormonal drops which is something different.

Perhaps you could consider going on the new birthcontrol pills that are low doses, but you take them for months on end with no period at all. You can go months or years without having a period on these new kinds of pills. Why not ask your doctor about trying these, as it may solve your problem.

There has been lots of research on 'no period' birth control pills, and they are very safe. Modern pills have an extremely low dosage, and the 'period' one gets on the pill is not a genuine period anyway since the body is not ovulating and building up the uterine wall while taking the pill.

Old pills that used to have high levels of hormones used to cause trouble, but newer pills are proving very safe and not having a period is not a big drawback since the endometrium is not building up and needing to be shed on the newer pills.

Archived