Open Relationships. Thoughts?

Dave_The_Lion

What are your opinions on Open Relationships.

By that i mean a relationship, you hang out together, you love each other, etc. basically all the things a normal couple would do. BUT you are free to branch off an experiment. Like, you have no obligation to each other. However, you don't start anything long term things with other people. You get what i'm saying?

The reason being:

Me and my girlfriend of seven months have gotten together and decided something. We both agree that we want to get married when we are out of college and have established steady careers and blahdy blahdy blah. But we decided that since we know we want to, and we're still in college. We should take a break in a way. Like, to experience the craziness of college and * * * * . We both hear people say "i regret having a girlfriend through ALL of highschool/college." neither of us want cold turkey though...we still wanna be together, but just with a little more freedom.

What do you think? cuz i am pretty sure its the right thing to do right now, i'm just wondering if its the right thing to do in the long run. Thoughts?

If you're going to have an "open-relationship" that you have to be willing to accept that one of you (be it you or her) might meet someone who you like better, and the focus of affection may go more towards this new person.

If you two want to see other people, then by all means, you are both young and in a time of self-discovery. It just seems naive to think that you two will feel exactly the same way about each other when you come back together.

I'm in an open relationship, we call it polyarmory it's kind of different then what you are talking about. Like we have long term loving and sexual relationships with our other partners. And for me it's a life style choice not a chance to sew wild oats. It takes a lot of talking and a lot of thought. It isn't easy but I find it really rewarding. But really not simple I wouldn't open a relationship without talking about it a lot.

Why Does He Want To See You In A Bi...
Why Does He Want To See You In A Bikini?

Archived