Younger woman making serious advances

Metallica Lightning
TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

As some of you may recall in a past thread of mine, I was asking for advice on how to politely turn down the (at the time) light advances of a much younger woman who works at my guitar shop. Well, she's started up again, and this time it's getting to the point where I just may have to set her straight.

1. She's 23! Only two years older than my daughter

2. I see her ever day almost...We work together

3. I have been going on "dates" with her but I have made it clear that I just want to be friends. I started going with her because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Come to findout, she's a really cool person.

4. Last night I drove her home...She KISSED ME!! Right on the mouth, and was about to go for more before I said "goodnight!"

I think this woman is really going to far and has the wrong idea about our relationship...She's already told my daughter that we're dating, which alarmed my daughter, who notified my 17 year old son, who sat me down to discuss "The Mid-Life Crisis"

Quite frankly, I just want to be friends with this woman. She is very mature despite her age, likes the same things as me, and is pretty fun to talk to. I just don't want to get involved with her, AND set things straight.

Any advice on how to do this? And still maintain our friendship?

If you are not comfortable with it than have a discussion with her, you're a grown man...and if you knew she was in to you and you weren't interested i don't think you should have had that much alone time with her enabling her to kiss you...

maybe set more clear boundaries...perhaps you are a bit flattered by the attention?

By "dates" I meant going out after work, usually with other people in company. I think we only had one "date" alone and it was a quick burger run. Sorry if that was confusing, I should revamp my use of words.

Aside from that, I did tell her today that there was no way we would be able to work, and that I wanted a strictly normal relationship with her. It didn't sit with her to well, she quit the day after...

By "dates" I meant going out after work, usually with other people in company. I think we only had one "date" alone and it was a quick burger run. Sorry if that was confusing, I should revamp my use of words.

Aside from that, I did tell her today that there was no way we would be able to work, and that I wanted a strictly normal relationship with her. It didn't sit with her to well, she quit the day after...

You did the right thing and it is good that she has backed off.

Archived