Caterina
When He Puts His Hand on Your Thigh...
When He Puts His Hand on Your Thigh While Driving? [EXPLAINED]

I had men do these body language signals:

- touch the face with his hand

- prolonged eye contact

- smiling

-laughing at my jokes

- the cow poke stance (looping fingers in belt things on pants)

-smirk

-close proximity

-door holding

Yet, one or other of the same men did these:

-frown

-seem to not listen

-respond to my questions with short answers

- did not seem "in sync"

Gut feelings were that one was attracted and the other wasn't. The one that listened and did the hand thing was attracted- however, he is very very handsome and out of my league. The other is also good looking (not as hot as first, but still hot) and my gut told me he wasn't, yet he did some of the attraction signals, most noticably the cow poke stance. If you were trying to gauge interest (WITHOUT ASKING him, WITHOUT ASKING not interested in ASKING) through body language or other methods...do you think gut feeling is more effective?

What are some other body language signs? Are some of them misinterpreted?

- touch the face with his hand your face means he is gauging your interest

- prolonged eye contact wants you to know he is attracted to you

- smiling nervous smile or relaxed smile? either way good thing

-laughing at my jokes guys like to laugh and have fun with a girl that isn't afraid of being silly

- the cow poke stance (looping fingers in belt things on pants)didn't know what to do with his hands or is from a Cowboy state lol

-smirk trying to hard to look sexy

-close proximity testing your willingness to be close and how attracted you are

-door holding raised right and follows what he was taught

I doubt either thought you were out of their league. If they did they wouldn't even be talking to you. Not all guys are shallow pigs you know. Did either get your number?

lost

Yet, one or other of the same men did these:

-frown

-seem to not listen

-respond to my questions with short answers

- did not seem "in sync"

No they didn't ask me for my number...I just casually met them somewhere, it was a professional environment of sorts...

I doubt they would anyways.

The cowboy stance is a body language thing that is supposed to be sexually suggestion, he rests his thumbs in the belt loops.

I don't really know. I recognize that I struggle with self esteem...I doubt myself A LOT. Often, I'm surprised when a very attractive man shows interest. I think its rooted in childhood and I honestly don't know how to break it. I wonder if its circular, to, my low self esteem is a man repellant and the fact that it repells men causes it.

I'm not usually smiling at a girl when I'm checking her out while she's not looking at me. He just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, my guess is he was checking you out.

I waved at him and smiled and he didn't respond, but then both of us were in a hurry. I guess it would be revealed if I see him again. He's so attractive.

I do it all the time. When a girl I like looks at me I usually turn away. So, maybe it's not a bad sign but actually a good one. I usually smile (fake smile) to the girls I'm not attracted to.

I guess I will never know. I rarely have men I'm interested in ask me out, so...

Reminds me of when my sister was in college years ago and this guy talked to her breasts rather than her face. Turned out he was having horrible issues with his contact lenses/irritation so he couldn't look straight ahead.

How about evaluating your body language just as closely to make sure you are sending off the right "attraction" signals?

I've done all the things you listed in the first case, and do them for most girls I meet. In many cases, I have no interest in these girls. And I've also done the second list with girls I have been interested in, so it's really difficult to tell.

Go with your gut feeling though, they're usually not wrong. As for saying the really good looking guy is "way out of your league", come on. That's loser talk. You shouldn't be so down on yourself. You never know what type a guy (or girl) likes, so don't automatically write someone off, just because they're very good looking. Maybe you're just what he's looking for, you never know, right? There's several cases where I've seen the ugliest guys with the best looking girls, and vice versa. Beauty is so in the eye of the beholder. I'm not saying you're anything but attractive, just that you honestly never know if you're someone's type or not, so don't be so quick to write yourself off as having no chance with someone who is "clearly out of your league." The only leagues are the ones you make for yourself.

Archived