Some serious advice please....

christina198
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

Hello everyone. I would like to thank everyone for reading my post. I have been dating a wonderful man for 2 1/2 years. He treats me better than I have ever had anyone treat me in my life. After we moved in together and things were very serious, I found out that he is married and has 2 children I never knew about. He promised that he and his wife are not romantically involved. He promised there was nothing else I did not know about him. I then found out that he is 10 years older than he claimed to be. Again, he promised there is nothing at this point that he is keeping from me. At this point in out relationship my trust for him was fragile, actually non-existent. This really put a strain on our relationship especially since I was up front and honest to him about things in my life. I started thinking that if he lies to me about these things, he probably lies to me about being with other women. He reassured me time and time again by letting me know he was not keeping anything from me any longer. Then last weekend I find out that in the past he had a DUI which he lied to me about, and also that he never actually received his bachelor's degree like he claimed this whole time he has. Now I feel he is just plain and simple a liar. He will probably never be honest to me and I don't think I can be with someone like that. He probably lies to me about much bigger issues that I have just not found out about. I am young and do not want to "waist" my best years with someone when I feel I deserve an honest man. Please give me your advice. Thank you so much.

He isn't just lying to you but himself. This is a lifestyle for him. He has issues that run very deep and are not healthy. You need to put some distance between yourself and him as soon as possible. If it is your place he moved into, tell him needs to move out so you can decide what YOU want your life to be like. If it is his place then start seperating your money from his to protect yourself and look for a place to live today!

He has been telling to you everything you want to hear and that is why he seems to treat you so well. In fact he was misleading you for unknown reasons. The strange thing is that people like this probably didn't have to lie in the first place and if they were honest you would have accepted him as he really is.

This man is not what you want in your life is he? I think you knew the answer before you wrote this thread. Ask yourself this: If your best friend were in this situation, what advice would you give her?

lost

He is married. Meaning he is not available, meaning he is a cheater, adulter, a liar, a loser, a pathetic person. Get rid of him! How could you possibly consider staying with someone who lied to you multiple times and is married? You can't trust his word, you can't trust him saying hes not romantically involved with the wife. How does someone who is married move in with someone and put up with 2 years? What the..

If he had just lied to you about one thing, it would've been understandable; but this guy is a pathological liar. He has completely lied to you about who he is and what his lifestyle is like. It's your choice whether you choose to trust him or not, but just know that you're going to be dealing with this BS all your life.

Eeek! I dated a man like this, who was a pathological liar too.

He also kept 2 DUI's from me, lied about his schooling, lied about being an alcholic, and a few other things.

Best thing you can do is walk away from this drama- you don't need it and you can't trust him.

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel horrible for you! I'm sure that you feel sick and devastated...but truly...you need to get out of that relationship. It is difficult enough to keep things flowing well when both parties are honest and clear about what they want and need and who they are at their core...but when someone facilitates a relationship based on lies...I can not imagine that it could succeed...

And take precautions to protect yourself...the truth is you don't really know who it is you are dealing with.

Archived