I think I'm slowly turning into an <>, and I don't really like this change

schaser

It just seems that over the past year or so, I've become a ruder and more unmannerly person. If I think of why this is the case, I'm not sure exactly. It's probably because of how I perceive situations I am in, and I guess some bad experiences in the past.

Even today, I was on the bus and was taking a while to pick up my bag since it was heavy. But somehow, I sensed that the lady behind me waiting was becoming too aggravated at this and it made me feel uneasy. After I got off the bus, I just felt an urge to nudge her and I did. I know this might come off as overly rude and uncouth, but it's just how I've been feeling of late.

The thing is though, I don't actually like this change in my behavior. I know that obviously, being rude doesn't get one anywhere. And one gets what one puts into life, I suppose I just fear the consequences of being rude.

I guess I just want to think of a way of being less abrasive in public, for my own sake if anything.

Has something happened in your life recently that has made you angry? Are you stressed most of the time? How you describe your behaviour is that you may be pissed off at the world. It's up to you to figure out why and change that.

We should treat people the way that you would want to be treated, karma is a real devil sometimes, watch out for that.

Has something happened in your life recently that has made you angry? Are you stressed most of the time? How you describe your behaviour is that you may be pissed off at the world. It's up to you to figure out why and change that.

We should treat people the way that you would want to be treated, karma is a real devil sometimes, watch out for that.

I'm fully aware of that. That's what scares me most.

So you're not doing what you thought you'd be doing by now...so what's stopping you from changing that? I know change is scary....do you have people around you that motivate you? Do you have any idea what you would like to be doing?

I suppose I just want to be more sociable.

I suppose I feel I'm not living as I ought to. And sometimes I feel overwhelmed in public situations. I feel that people are scorning me.

What i mean is...if you feel as though you aren't living as you ought to...what were u expecting that you would be doing by now? And what is stopping you from that...

How don't you have enough time?

You can always start over, it's only too late when you're dead.

I agree with this 100%. Well said mate!

The only person that can trully make a change is you. As for feeling awkward in public, you need to change something about yourself so you can first gain self esteem, which you are obviously lacking. Do you have friends?

I'm too old to get a decent career. I'm in my late twenties.

You're really not.

Lots of people are starting out later and later. Society is going in such a way that we're "younger" longer. It can feel as though you're meant to know what you want by the time you're 20, but it's not the case for most people. Even just knowing the path you want to take puts you ahead of the crowd.

What career is it that you want? Teen pop idol is probably out of your reach now though. I'm sorry.

Look at it this way. How old will you be by the time you get the education and establish your career? The same age you'll be if you don't.

And late twenties is not old. Jeez...

I agree with this 100%. Well said mate!

The only person that can trully make a change is you. As for feeling awkward in public, you need to change something about yourself so you can first gain self esteem, which you are obviously lacking. Do you have friends?

I think I lack self-esteem because I feel I must be some kind of scum if people always gape at me in public. I don't have many friends because people just seem to dislike me due to being weird. Today i was in a university admin office and I heard the workers there saying bad things about me even though I didn't know them. It happens everywhere I go and I think screw everybody else why should I be good to them.

Sorry to mope.

I think I lack self-esteem because I feel I must be some kind of scum if people always gape at me in public. I don't have many friends because people just seem to dislike me due to being weird. Today i was in a university admin office and I heard the workers there saying bad things about me even though I didn't know them. It happens everywhere I go and I think screw everybody else why should I be good to them.

Sorry to mope.

What were they saying?

You're really not.

Lots of people are starting out later and later. Society is going in such a way that we're "younger" longer. It can feel as though you're meant to know what you want by the time you're 20, but it's not the case for most people. Even just knowing the path you want to take puts you ahead of the crowd.

What career is it that you want? Teen pop idol is probably out of your reach now though. I'm sorry.

Look at it this way. How old will you be by the time you get the education and establish your career? The same age you'll be if you don't.

And late twenties is not old. Jeez...

About late thirties. That IS too old..

Archived