More laptop drama...

Well not really drama, but as you remember my ex came by this week to srop off my dad's laptop, which I returned to my father yesterday. This morning, my parents phone me and tell me that something is wrong with the laptop, that they need some sort of password to access something and could I phone the ex to get some advice (he worked for 10 years in computers and while we were together he was their go-to techie guy, plus he is the one who configured the laptop in the first place)

I phoned him and let him know what was going on... He was so nice about it, told me to tell my dad to phone him and ended up going over to their place to fix the problem.

I guess there is no drama here, I just can't believe how generous it was of him to take time out of his day to go over there. It makes me sad because I know he misses my parents... And I miss him being part of our family (even though we had some issues regarding this -- i am quite family oriented while he is not... which makes it doubly touching that he went over there to help them)

I don't really have a question, I just needed to share. I am kind of dying to find some excuse to contact him tonight but I won't.

If he doesn't call back, I wouldn't advise any more contact. You don't want to look desperate. Also, the act that he went to your father's to fix it, could've been purely obligation considering he was using the laptop in the first place. Good luck with whatever happens!

I'm not calling him back... nor do I think his going over to my parents was an indication that he wants to get back together at all. I do think it was a pretty nice thing to do, though... and it shows he still cares about me and my family which is nice.

I miss him.

From a previous thread:

My boyfriend and I were together almost 4 years. During that time we lived abroad together, travelled, came home, found a place together and lived together again, broke up (he left), got back together and spent the last 9 months of our relationship together but not living together. It was a very intense relationship--lots of ups and downs. Many wonderful moments (we regularly talked about kids, the future, etc.) but also alot of fighting. Cohabitation was always tough for us so obviously not living together took a load off... I wanted him to move back in and he did not.

We were NC for almost 3 months and then one day he showed up at my place, we talked... I guess we are LC now whatever that means... He isn't more ready for a relationship now than he was 5 months ago... I haven't been able to totally let him go, athough I am doing better now. It's been a rough few months.

Archived