Asking a random person you just met for a date/phone number.

redtan

So I was out to Friendly's the other night by myself just getting a take-out order after work. I was sitting the by the counter waiting for someone to take my order when I see a really cute waitress walking by and we make eye contact for a second and she smiles at me. She comes up to the counter and is cashing someone out as I'm standing there, all the while this guy is making weird comments to her and you can tell she was a little uncomfortable (it was a special-ed kid).

In the couple of minutes that spanned this pretty much 1 way conversation between them, she looked at me several times with the "shoot me now please" look and a little smile. After the guy left, we talked a little about what he was trying to say etc and she seemed to be interested etc. I placed my order, she left, came back, did more cash outs and I made a little more small converstation, cracked some jokes. As she handed me my order, she asked if I wanted ketchup...I said no, asked if I wanted a fork...I said no. Then she asked sorta in a long way "did you want aaaaanything at all...?" I said no and then just said goodbye and left.

As I left it kinda hit me that maybe she was hinting at something else that I might want by saying that, and I felt kinda stupid not asking her number...even if I got shot down and she didn't want that at all. Now I sorta wanna go back there again and see if she's working and maybe get something else and ask for her number this time, or if she's not there that night I was going to leave a note for her with her boss saying something along the lines of if you wanted to get dinner/watever sometime give me a call at my cell. But that might sound too creepy asking in writing as apposed to in person.

So I'm going to go in one day and see if she's working that night, but if she's not should I: 1) just come back another night until I catch her 2) ask a manager when she's scheduled to work next time and just show up then 3) give her manager the note and say to give it to her next time she's in? Or nothing at all since you don't think her "hint" meant anything at all.

Thanks.

When she said do you want anything else... that was your perfect time.. to say yeah i will take your number so i can take you out sometime...

i wouldnt leave a note for her... wait a few days and try to go back in person and talk to her and get her number..

No notes, no asking her manager in my opinion.

Just keep going there TO EAT until you see her again and ask for her number.

If a guy came in asking for me I'd think he was desperate. Just pretend you can't get enough of Friendly's food.

If you want to have a better chance of seeing her- go on the same night of the week that you saw her last. I used to waitress, and worked every Monday, Wed, etc.... Usually we keep the same shifts.

Do it in person. She probably works a regular shift so try the same time and day. Regret is a terrible thing isn't it? You can make up for it though. If you go in and she isn't the one helping you catch her eye and motion to her, when she walks up tell her you have been kicking yourself for not asking for her number last time you were in and if she would___________ _________ ________you fill in the blanks.

Go for it!

lost

So no dice on the note/asking manager eh? Too creepy I guess?

I mean I'm sure I'll catch her again working there, but it could be a little while if she has no more shifts this week and I thought that the longer I wait to get in touch with her the less chance I would have. My old female roomate also worked at Friendly's and she had a different shift/day to work every week...so it might be hit or miss even if I go in the same day and time as last night.

So no dice on the note/asking manager eh? Too creepy I guess?

I mean I'm sure I'll catch her again working there, but it could be a little while if she has no more shifts this week and I thought that the longer I wait to get in touch with her the less chance I would have. My old female roomate also worked at Friendly's and she had a different shift/day to work every week...so it might be hit or miss even if I go in the same day and time as last night.

Yeah creepy and despreate.. go back next week same day and order food and get her number...

No note. That would be very grade 6. Just go back every now-and-then. As an above poster said, go in the same time and night, she could be working the same shift.

Live and learn.

"Its here today

but its gone

tomorrow

Its here today

and today

will never come again"

Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Archived